What Is F4S?
F4S opens the eyes of young people the life chances open to them, by connecting them to thousands of professionals with inspirational stories to tell and experience to share.
Teachers and professionals from across the UK have brokered over 1,200,000 student- employer encounters with F4S, inspiring young people, helping them understand what skills are needed to improve their employability.
At our core, we are developing meaningful and direct connections between professionals, teachers, and young people, in particular those from more disadvantaged areas.
Our platform for young people aged 6-18, the Educator Service, provides a GPS system with recommendations to guide educators and young people to search for, and request professionals to offer inspirational engagements, which open the minds of children across the UK. Like amazon and booking com but with people rather than books or hotels.
Evolved with over five years of experience, the platform includes a recommendation engine, which guides the educator and young people to select the most appropriate professional to help them take steps along their journey to fulfilling lives.
Arguably our most powerful services are our deep analytics services, which provide a high and low-level oversight of our engagements to a variety of stakeholders from parent to government.
Life at F4S
We are hugely ambitious for F4S and our strategy is to deepen and broaden the number of young people whose lives he touch across the UK, so it is a strategy for growth.
We are a small home-based team in England and Scotland. Whilst you work from home, regular team meetings will be organized.
We believe that physical, and emotional well-being is directly related to cognitive performance, so we support and encourage planning your work schedule around well-being escapes. When it comes to 'work hours', it is a core belief that putting in a consistent level of effort that you can be proud of is a much better metric than hours logged against the clock.
You want to work at F4S because you realised how school was so disconnected from the real world. You believe that there is a better way to make students excited about their future and help them enjoy and fulfil productive lives. You believe that schools can use technology to change what they do from the inside-out.
You are an experienced project manager and pride yourself to deliver projects on time and on budget? You are a strong collaborator and an expert in delivering against KPIs and reporting progress to stakeholders? You have outstanding communication skills?
If you have the skills to effectively help F4S to develop and deliver powerful projects supporting our mission, then I look forward to working with you.
Role purpose – overview
The Business Analyst / Project Manager Lead is a newly recreated role to help deliver the company's projects and the day-to-day management of project teams across England and Scotland.
The Business Analyst / Project Manager Lead will be responsible for their own projects and support others to deliver our projects. We hope you will bring and implement best practices across the organisation and ensure standards relating to project management, planning and execution are maintained, ensuring we continue to deliver projects on-time, within scope and on budget.
Another core responsibility of the BA/PM lead is to ensure the technical delivery and maintenance of our product. We would like you to ensure that processes for technical implementations are established, as well as specifications written so that the development team can implement these.
This role will work closely with the Managing Director to support the achievement of the organisation's operational objectives.
Roles and responsibilities:
Business Analyst (40%)
Founders4Schools owns, runs, and maintains a SAAS service that is evolving with the needs of our stakeholders. The platform is a web-based educational platform that connects educators, business leaders and pupils. The responsibility of the BA/PM lead is to lead the maintenance of the platform and work with the team so that it evolves to continue to delight our stakeholders:
● Introducing new features and enhancements to the platform by understanding, capturing and documenting requirements.
● Creating both short and long term project plans to implement needs.
● Liaising with developers and testers on the implementation of plans.
● Managing an agile development process, including daily standup meetings, prioritisation, capacity planning and day to day project management
● Manage the agile release process, with small incremental changes deployed in short, regular intervals
● Measure and track performance by leveraging various tools and ticketing systems to maximise the efficiency and responsiveness of the teams, and the ability to respond to change quickly.
● Manage multiple concurrent features and deployments simultaneously
● Collaborate with members of the team, to identify bottlenecks and solve problems as and when they arise and leverage various collaborations tools that facilitate communication and multi-contributors.
● Communicate to the MD project budget, progress and other issues and needs of the project.
Project Manager (60%)
● Planning and delivering projects undertaken by F4S and proactively monitoring its progress, resolving issues and initiating appropriate corrective action.
● Ensuring effective quality assurance and the overall integrity of the Projects - focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the Projects, and outwardly on its coherence in line with our mission and purpose.
● Managing the project budgets, monitoring expenditure and costs against delivered and realised benefits as the projects progress.
● Facilitating the appointment of individuals to project teams.
● Ensuring the delivery of new products or services from projects is to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the Project of projects undertaken by Founders4Schools.
● Ensuring there is an allocation of common resources and skills within the Project's individual projects.
● Managing both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects.
● Managing risks to the Project's successful outcome.
● Initiating extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the Project are identified or issues arise
On large and complex projects it may be appropriate to appoint other individuals to support the Business Analyst / Project Manager Lead for some of the particular responsibilities listed above.
Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge, Experience, Behaviours and Attributes
Graduate degree in a relevant field desirable
Project Management Qualification (Ideally Prince2)
Profound understanding of software product management
3-4 years experience in software development - working across specification, design, implementation and testing
At least 5-7 years of project management using project planning and management methodologies, ensuring projects are managed to time, scope and budget
Budgeting, resource allocation and management from bidding to execution
Experience working with small teams
Experience of project reporting to different stakeholders and funders
Experience in the charity sector desirable
Successfully managing diverse groups of stakeholders
Experience in leading, coaching and developing project management teams
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - with project team members and stakeholders alike
● Extensive experience with Software Platform products
● Outstanding knowledge of platforms for planning, monitoring and controlling projects.
● Sound business case development and approvals skills.
● Good knowledge of Project and project management methods both waterfall and agile
● Good knowledge of budgeting and resource allocation procedures
● The ability to identify and mitigate risks
● Working knowledge of Github, Jira, Confluence would be ideal
Communicates clearly and concisely, individually and across a broad scope of stakeholders and communities.
Expresses complex ideas and concepts in simple terms; listens to the views of others; changes communication styles to meet individual and audience needs; encourages dialogue and effective communication by others.
Builds, maintains and deepens constructive and effective relationships with stakeholders with a specific focus on F4S’s mission; changes approach to achieve desired results if required.
Has a customer-focused orientation to others, is flexible and always puts the good of others at the centre of decision making; optimises respect for others and is dedicated to F4S’s purpose and fulfilling the mission.
Is a supportive team player, collaborates creating a culture of knowledge sharing and team learning to strengthen high business performance. Is proactive in teamwork, has the capacity for continuous business learning to facilitate F4S’s mission.
Enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems; demonstrable ability to foster a healthy organisational culture of teamwork and collaboration in problem-solving.
Demonstrates equity, transparency and integrity with high personal and organisational ethical standards; is fair, honest and trustworthy with respect for confidentiality; inspires and builds trust and respect from others; promotes credibility and professional reputation.
Respectful of diversity; sensitive toward others in their context, situation and challenges; pluralistic, open and understanding toward other people’s cultures, values, autonomy, and faiths; demonstrates compassion and empathy; is courteous to others with respect for their background, religion, gender and age.
Leadership Behaviours and Attributes
Strong sense of accountability, responsibility, meritocracy and professionalism, thorough with a clear focus on governance and excellence.
Forges strong collaborative organisational and multi-agency partnerships, to motivate self and teams to work effectively to deliver programmatic results; interacts and engages with businesses, communities and decision-makers including a variety of internal and external players.
Inspires self and others to greater performance, professional standards and results.
Leads change and encourages learning; gives and receives timely balanced feedback.
Drives commitment to delivering high quality results with cost-effective use of resources; sets appropriate deliverables and uses innovative working methods to develop capacity.
Has a clear vision of outcome and communicates this to inspire resources, leads and encourages change and changes approach to achieve results when required.
F4S Company Values
Our values govern our culture. It defines who joins the team, how to defend and make arguments, and how to hold each other accountable to what we do.
we build for scale and measure our achievements by the extent they are taken up.
We achieve greater impact through working with others
(A)ct with Integrity
We act responsibly at all times
We lead by example in everything we say and do, particularly with regards to execution
We say what we do and we do it on time and on budget
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.