Founders4Schools are delighted to announce this exciting opportunity to join our fundraising team. You will play a key role in implementing and continuing to shape our ambitious fundraising strategy, so we can help raise the aspirations of every young person across the UK.
Founders4Schools is an award-winning educational-tech charity which connects young people with inspirational role models to raise their aspirations, to fulfil their potential and to prepare them for the rapidly changing world of work. We offer a simple, free-to-use digital platform which enables teachers all over the UK to connect their students with inspiring business role models (virtually or in-class). Our work aims to tackle inequality by providing equal access to the world of work, to support young people by aligning what they learn at school, with future careers and to provide young people with the confidence they need to take their first steps into the workplace.
The successful candidate will ideally have at least 3 years of senior level fundraising experience, a proven, personal track record of winning and delivering corporate partnerships and experience in writing successful proposals for commercial partnerships and winning bids to trusts and foundations.
We are looking for a confident, dynamic and resourceful, self-starter with excellent communication and presentation skills, and fluency in writing proposals. You will be experienced in identifying new income opportunities through research and networking, building pipelines in order to meet budgets, and managing internal and external stakeholders.
Our ideal candidate will be confident in managing a fast paced and conflicting workload, have a sales mentality, and be able to think laterally to identify income opportunities. Experience in cause related marketing, fundraising events, digital income streams and growing income strategically through social media are advantageous.
- Manage and develop a pipeline of new funding opportunities
- Effectively account manage secured partnerships
- Develop attractive proposals and a case for support to secure long-term corporate partnerships with multi-year commitments
- Develop effective stewardship plans and cultivate relationships to develop new and existing relationships to maximise future funding potential
- Support the organisation and management of donor engagement events and fundraising events
- Write compelling funding bids to secure five figure income levels from trusts and foundations
- Report to and work with the Director of Fundraising to achieve quarterly targets against budgets
- Deliver other duties as required by the organisation
- Proven personal record of delivering an annual income in excess of £400,000
- Experience of identifying and building relationships with new fundraising prospects.
- Extensive experience in building successful corporate partnerships and sponsorship packages
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Excellent social media knowledge
- Convincing presentation and negotiation skills
- Experience in organising and managing events (fundraising and stewardship)
- Experience of using a database to manage pipelines and budgets
- Proven ability to work with colleagues from a range of disciplines
- Be passionate about raising the career aspirations of children and young people and supporting employability prospects
- Good network of prospect funders and partners
- Experience of working on cause related marketing partnerships
- Experience of winning or managing ‘Charity of the Year’ partnerships
- Experience of developing successful fundraising bids and securing income from trusts, foundations or government bodies.
- Home-based, flexible working
- Professional and personal development
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Summer and Christmas team celebrations
- Line management opportunities
Please apply online here with your CV and one page cover letter. Please explain why you want this role, what you would bring to the team and how your skills and experience would enhance our team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability status
For an informal discussion, please contact the recruiting manager, Laurena Robinson. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with interviews taking place online.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.