Job title: Head of Fundraising
Reports to: Managing Director
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Founders4Schools are delighted to announce this exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate to lead their fundraising activities. The successful candidate will have overall responsibility for income generation within the organisation and will report to the Managing Director.
Founders4Schools is an award-winning educational-tech charity which connects children and young people with inspirational role models to raise their aspirations, to fulfil their potential and to prepare them for the rapidly changing world of work. We have created a simple, free-to-use digital platform which enables teachers all over the UK to connect with employers and professionals in their local community. Our work aims to tackle inequality by providing equal access to the world of work, to support young people by connecting what they learn at school with future careers and to provide young people with the confidence they need to take their first steps into the workplace.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have an entrepreneurial and self-directed approach to fundraising and have the ability to work collaboratively with your colleagues. You will have experience across a range of fundraising disciplines with a focus on corporate partnerships, securing grants from trusts and foundations and major donors. You will need to have experience of writing and implementing a fundraising strategy, be skilled in managing internal and external stakeholders and have excellent communication skills
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic and determined individual who is eager to make a big difference in a small but rapidly growing educational-tech charity.
Design and deliver on an effective fundraising strategy to meet corporate fundraising targets agreed with the Managing Director, attracting new five and six figure corporate donors.
- Actively marshall our volunteer and partner networks to identify new corporate supporters
- Create compelling partnership proposals to attract new support with detailed business cases for specific projects
- Meet and pitch to board level members of SMEs and to CSR teams in larger organisations.
- Prepare and deliver impact reports to funders annually or within prescribed deadlines as required
Trusts and Foundations
Design and deliver on an effective fundraising strategy to meet the trust and foundation target as agreed with the Managing Director, attracting new five and six figure grants.
- Undertake research to identify potential funders
- Prepare high quality, detailed and compelling trust applications and proposals, marshalling the latest data from Founders4Schools and about youth employability in general.
- Ensure grant deliverables align with operational strategy
- Keep an accurate record of applications, contact, income and reporting requirements for all trusts and foundations income enabling quick reporting on income and accurate prediction of predicted income.
Major Donor Income
Work with the MD and other stakeholders such as our Advisory Council and Trustees to identify and develop engagement approaches to high net worth individuals.
- Keep accurate records of and ensure timely collection of income across all fundraising streams and thank all donors appropriately.
- Report regularly to the Board of Trustees on fundraising activities and progress against targets.
- Prepare an annual budget with the Managing Director
- Achieve targets by the end of the year.
Effectively line-manage a small team
Personal track record of delivering against set income targets
Experience of writing and implementing a fundraising strategy
Experience of identifying and building relationships with new fundraising prospects.
Extensive experience in building successful corporate partnerships and sponsorship package
Considerable experience of creating successful fundraising bids and delivering income from trusts and foundations
Excellent verbal and written skills
Convincing presentation and negotiation skills
Ability to engage with a wide range of stakeholders and convey a genuine passion for our cause
Proven ability to work with colleagues from a range of disciplines
Strong administrative skills and ability to prioritise across multiple work streams
To be passionate about raising the aspirations of children and young people.
Experience in orchestrating individual giving campaigns and encouraging regular donations
Experience in organising fundraising events
Experience, Education & Professional Skills
At least five years of experience in charity fundraising with a proven track record in generating income from corporate and trust funders.
Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter. Please explain why you want this role, what you would bring to the team and how your skills and experience would enable us to increase our success.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.