Fourth Monkey Actor Training Company is recruiting for the role of Finance Manager to join its dynamic staff team based in their North London studio. The successful candidate will play a vital role in helping Fourth Monkey achieve its organisational objectives.
It’s an exciting time to be joining the Fourth Monkey team; 2020 marks our 10-year anniversary. We have a new partnership announcement with an established University; with our training courses becoming fully accredited by Sept 2020. We will also be touring our professional theatre production, previewing in the Autumn of 2020 as well as a series of arts-based community engagement projects launching.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the financial health of the charity, producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research, plus guiding the Management team in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
Job Description & Primary Responsibilities
- Monitor the day-to-day financial operations within the charity, such as payroll, invoicing, contracting and other transactions
- Contract and liaise with outside services for auditing, banking, and other financial needs as necessary
- Track the company's financial status and performance to identify areas for potential improvement
- Seek out methods for minimising financial risk to the company
- Research and analyse financial reports and market trends
- Provide insightful information and expectations to senior management to aid in long-term and short-term decision making
- Review financial data and prepare monthly and annual reports
- Present financial reports to the board of trustees, departmental teams, and clients in formal meetings
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Establish and maintain financial policies and procedures for the company
- Understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislation
- Work with the Development and Production department to report on project spread for grant funder and partner venues
- Work with the Chief Executive to realise the financial and reporting objectives and responsibilities of the organisation
- Contractual and invoice management of freelance staff
We are looking for someone with at least 4 years' experience of working in a finance role at management level, ideally within a charity. The ideal candidate will be well-motivated, target-orientated and results driven, with excellent interpersonal skills and a willingness to work as part of a small team as well as on one’s own initiative.
To apply for this position, please send an up-to-date CV including contact details of two referees (please note: we will not take up references before short-listing nor without your express consent), plus a cover letter of no more than 2 pages (2 sides of A4) that outlines how you meet the requirements set out in the Person Specification for the role.