We are looking for an experienced and driven Fundraising Manager to develop our funding mix, in particular from individual giving and trusts and foundations. Working as part of our small team you will work closely with the FRAME CEO and Scientific Liaison Officer, contributing significantly to the charity’s future development. You will be responsible for developing and delivering our fundraising strategy to maximise income and ensure our future sustainability. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to make a positive impact on our future. We are a small, supportive team who work closely together, despite all being based at home (and yes, we worked like this pre-COVID).
FRAME has a long and proud history as the oldest charity focused on replacing animals in biomedical testing in the UK. We have been influential in developing and validating new research methods as well as advising regulators and policy-makers. As a result of our loyal support base we have benefitted from substantial legacy income putting the charity on a secure financial footing to move forward.
It is now time to diversify our income to underpin the large number of activities and projects we want to undertake, and that’s where we need your help.
As a driven, self-motivated and results-oriented fundraising professional you can be part of shaping FRAME’s future. Our size means we are able to work highly collaboratively, supporting one another and ensuring that everyone has a voice in how we develop. You will work closely with the CEO and others to develop our fundraising strategy and take the lead on developing contacts and resources, building networks and creating communities of support. As such you must be enthusiastic, confident and articulate, able to inspire both corporate and industry professionals, as well as students and members of the public, about what we do.
If you are passionate about realistic ways of ending the use of animals in scientific research, and you thrive on your work making a direct difference then we really look forward to hearing from you.
• Work with the CEO and Scientific Liaison Officer to develop and implement FRAME’s fundraising strategy
• Identify appropriate sources of funding for projects, write and submit bids, and manage funding agreements including any associated reporting requirements
• Work with CEO and Chair to develop cultivation and approach plans for major donor prospects
• Assist in the development of, and attending, fundraising and cultivation events.
• Develop tools to track and report prospects and income pipeline for future funding
• Write supporter engagement material and work with our marketing team to plan and deliver fundraising campaigns
• Proactively build relationship and manage supporter communication to foster continued support for the charity
• Contribute to development and implementation of our data collection and supporter engagement tools, including procurement of a CRM
• Maintain and manage a database of prospects and supporters ensuring compliance with all data protection legislation, regulations and best practice.
• Provide regular updates for the CEO and Board of Trustees on progress against fundraising strategies and targets
• Keep up to date with the funding environment and best practice to advise on risks and opportunities, and engage in and relevant CPD activities to maintain and enhance competence within job role.
• Be an ambassador for FRAME promoting the vision, aims and objectives of charity with all external contacts.
To apply: Please downlaod and read all the information in the Applicant Pack, including the person specification. Applications will be in the form of a CV and supporting statement (word or pdf) submitted via our applicant portal. Details are in the applicant pack or on the FRAME website.