Head of Property & Development
Salary: £50,527 pa
We aim to make people’s lives better. Do you?
Framework is a registered charity delivering housing, support, health and employment services to people with a diverse range of needs. We assist rough sleepers and those who need help to keep their home. We support excluded youngsters as they make their way into adulthood and those starting or returning to work. We provide access to treatment for people with mental health issues, those misusing alcohol or illegal substances, and join up services for homeless people with multiple and complex needs.
Through approximately 70 services across the East Midlands, Framework is both a safety net and a platform for change. Each year more than eighteen thousand people approach us for help. Responding to their needs, respecting their choices and empowering them to achieve, we aim to make life better for our service users and those around them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be at the forefront of a renewed focus on effective property and housing management, capital development and landlord compliance in a fast-paced charity environment. We are passionate about building a future in which people feel safe and look to the future with hope. This starts with ensuring that our homes are well managed, fit for purpose and efficiently run, and that our service users have somewhere that they are happy to call home.
This role would suit a forward-thinking housing professional with excellent communication skills. Reporting to the Corporate Services Director and joining a committed Organisational Leadership Group, the Head of Property & Development will:
· Take the lead for setting the strategic framework for the management of housing, property maintenance, landlord compliance and capital development
· Ensure that we are managing our landlord compliance and safety requirements well, working closely with the newly-created Safety, Health, Environment & Quality Team to develop joined up responses
· Ensure that our contractors are well-managed, delivering quality and value for money, whilst respecting our service users
· Lead and develop the culture of the department so that it focuses on continuous improvement
· Ensure that policies, procedures and guidance are in place to support all staff who deliver housing and housing-related services
· Have the ability to communicate across all levels of the organization.
If you have the attributes to meet this challenge we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to join an organisation driven by values that takes responsible risks to tackle poverty, injustice and exclusion. We would support your professional development, involve you in our decisions and give you the autonomy to make a real difference to the lives of others.
Substantial previous experience in housing and strong evidence of ongoing professional development are essential. The successful candidate will be organised, have strong communication skills and be proactive and confident in driving improvement. Above all, we need someone whose concern for those we exist to serve will drive innovation and organisational development in their best interests.
For further information about Framework and the Head of Property & Development post, please email recruitmentteam at frameworkha. org to request an application pack.
Should you have any questions in regard to the position please contact Tracy Lowe Sheppard, HR Transactional Manager.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Tuesday 17th March 2020. Shortlisting will take place on Wednesday 18th March 2020 and Interviews will be held on the Monday 23rd March 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.