Head of Safety & Compliance
Salary: £50,527 pa
We aim to make people’s lives better. Do you?
Framework is a registered charity delivering housing, support, health and employment services to people with a diverse range of needs. We assist rough sleepers and those who need help to keep their home. We support excluded youngsters as they make their way into adulthood and those starting or returning to work. We provide access to treatment for people with mental health issues, those misusing alcohol or illegal substances, and join up services for homeless people with multiple and complex needs.
Through approximately 70 services across the East Midlands, Framework is both a safety net and a platform for change. Each year more than eighteen thousand people approach us for help. Responding to their needs, respecting their choices and empowering them to achieve, we aim to make life better for our service users and those around them.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right person to be at the forefront of a renewed focus on Safety, Health, Environment and Quality in a fast-paced charity environment. We are passionate about building a future in which people feel safe and look to the future with hope. This starts with ensuring that our services, staff, volunteers, service users and buildings are safe and ensuring that we are operating in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
This role would suit a forward-thinking quality, safety or compliance professional with excellent communication skills. Reporting to the Corporate Services Director and joining a committed Organisational Leadership Group, the Head of Safety & Compliance will:
- Take the lead for setting the strategic framework for the management of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality standards and leading the maintenance, updating and improvement of the company's management systems.
- Implement best practice techniques and culture to achieve the aims of the organisation by delivering against objectives that enable continuous improvement
- Ensure that policies, procedures and guidance are in place to support the continuing development of a good SHEQ culture across the organisation
- Ensure a programme of site inspections, audits, satisfaction surveys and quality assurance work is completed each year, raising awareness of good practices
- Have the ability to communicate across all levels of the organisation
- attend regular meetings with services and departments including meetings with enforcement authorities (Fire, EHO, HSE, CQC)
- Lead and develop a growing team, ensuring that new ways of working are efficient and support the aims of the charity
- Develop and implement strategies.
If you have the attributes to meet this challenge we would love to hear from you. This is an opportunity to join an organisation driven by values that takes responsible risks to tackle poverty, injustice and exclusion. We would support your professional development, involve you in our decisions and give you the autonomy to make a real difference to the lives of others.
Substantial previous experience in a relevant field and strong evidence of ongoing profressional development are essential. The successful candidate will be organised, have strong communication skills and be proactive and confident in driving improvement. Above all, we need someone whose concern for those we exist to serve will drive innovation and organisational development in their best interests.
Should you have any questions in regard to the position please contact Tracy Lowe Sheppard, HR Transactional Manager .
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 8th March 2020. Shortlisting will take place on Monday 9th March 2020 and Interviews will be held on the Tuesday 17th March 2020.