HOSPITAL DISCHARGE NAVIGATOR, NOTTINGHAMSHIRE PREVENTION AND RESETTLEMENT SERVICE, SUTTON IN ASHFIELD, FRWK09 £22,140 – £24,011, 37 HPW, 12-MONTH WITH POSSIBILITY TO BE EXTENDED
Aim: To ensure people experiencing homelessness have an effective hospital stay and the system achieves a safe and timely discharge from hospital
Key objectives are identified as:
• Early identification on attendance or admission to hospital
• Maximise the benefit of the attendance or admission for the patient
• Ensure optimal patient care that supports transitions across health, housing and social care boundaries
• Effective communication between hospital management, ward staff, discharge teams and social care, housing and specialist homeless care teams.
• Commit to delivery of improved outcomes for people experiencing homelessness through a system partnership approach that is boundary spanning and seamless
• Support delivery of rapid access accommodation for people who are medically fit to leave hospital but require longer for housing, care assessments and a specialist wraparound support offer when they leave hospital
• Commit to a test and learn a new approach to inform future Discharge to Assess pathways into 2022
• Provide advocacy to the patient and support to hospital teams to deliver trauma informed, strength based and personalised care
• Stop the revolving door of multiple hospital admissions and failed housing placements
General Guiding Principles:
• Partners see the hospital admissions as a window of opportunity to effect lasting positive change
• Hospital discharge protocol describes the typical journey but flexibility and willingness to problem solve complex cases is key.
• Assessment, communication and case management of patients is trauma informed, strength based and personalised with an aim to achieve longer term positive change.
• Accommodation on discharge is a place that can continue to offer a safe environment, reablement approach, respite and route to longer term improvement
• Patients are not placed in step down or assessment accommodation and then evicted to rough sleeping. Everyone should have a housing plan and pathway in place.
• OOH discharge pathway roles operate as part of a wider team in order for the system to cope with absence of individuals
• Partners take a problem solving, constructive approach to case discussion in a way that can raise issues without generating conflict.
Decisions around the individual and in the development of protocol is evidence based with excellent communication between agencies to avoid assumptions. The voice and views of the patient are heard in planning meetings about their care
The post requires a driver with access to own car and full driving license.
What we offer: Life Assurance, Pension (up to 4% matched by FHA), Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Benefits, Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Learning programmes tailored to suit different roles and services, Health Cash Plan.
Framework supports all employees to achieve a better work/life balance. Should you wish us to consider flexible working or job share as part of your application please state this on your application in the supporting statement section.
To protect the health & wellbeing of those receiving support from Framework, colleagues and the wider community, any job offer is conditional upon the prospective post-holder having been vaccinated against Covid-19, or agreeing to do so during the first six months in the post, except where such a requirement would be unreasonable in the circumstances.
98% of the workforce in a recent staff survey said they were proud to work for Framework.
Framework is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Registered charity No: 1060941.
As a Disability Confident employer we warmly encourage job applications from people with disabilities. Framework is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.