SEVERE AND MULTIPLE DISADVANTAGE PRACTITIONER – PROBATION SERVICE, 37 HPW, 2-YEARS (SECONDED FOR INITIAL 6 MONTHS) FRWK19 £32,996 - £36,043
This post is funded by the Changing Futures Programme and aims to support clients and staff so that people experiencing Severe Multiple Disadvantage (SMD) receive the right support. Changing Futures is a specialist programme running until April 2024, providing intensive direct support to people experiencing Severe Multiple Disadvantage (SMD), while supporting the coordination of statutory and non-statutory services including housing, probation, mental health, primary care and substance misuse to work around the needs of people experiencing SMD. This post will be initially hosted by Framework Housing Association but the post holder will be seconded to work within the probation service.
This post will be one of five that will be embedded across health, local government, probation and the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector. The post holders in these roles will support each other and get line management and support from their employing organisations and from the wider Changing Futures programme team.
We are looking to recruit someone with a proven track record in supporting people that are experiencing SMD and who can use that knowledge and experience to support individuals and front- line probation workers. Having experience of working with people that experience SMD is essential, experience of working within a criminal justice setting is advantageous and an understanding of the challenges faced by people on probation is important. Most importantly the post holder must have a clear commitment to improving the outcomes for people experiencing SMD, bring energy and enthusiasm to the post and be an excellent communicator.
• Being a key point of contact for probation service staff supporting clients that face SMD.
• Act as a SMD champion, raising awareness of SMD and facilitating change to overcome blockages and improve access to support.
• Providing advice and support to probation service staff on the support and services available for patients experiencing SMD, signposting to agencies and services as appropriate.
• Where appropriate, providing advice and support to individual clients. Referring them into services and support opportunities.
• Leading on developing the skills and knowledge of probation service staff so that they feel equipped to support clients experiencing SMD.
• Work closely with a network of staff working across housing, social care, mental health, primary care and with navigators providing one to one support to people experiencing SMD, ensuring a joined-up approach to care and support.
• Participate in and support SMD Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT) meetings.
Interview date: 16th December 2021
What we offer: Life Assurance, Pension (up to 4% matched by FHA), Enhanced Maternity, Paternity and Adoption Benefits, Additional Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme, Learning programmes tailored to suit different roles and services, Health Cash Plan.
Framework supports all employees to achieve a better work/life balance. Should you wish us to consider flexible working or job share as part of your application please state this on your application in the supporting statement section.
To protect the health & wellbeing of those receiving support from Framework, colleagues and the wider community, any job offer is conditional upon the prospective post-holder having been vaccinated against Covid-19, or agreeing to do so during the first six months in the post, except where such a requirement would be unreasonable in the circumstances.
98% of the workforce in a recent staff survey said they were proud to work for Framework.
Framework is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Registered charity No: 1060941.
As a Disability Confident employer we warmly encourage job applications from people with disabilities. Framework is committed to offering opportunities to people from diverse communities. If you have specific requirements or adjustments please let us know if there is anything we can do to support your application.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.