An exciting opportunity to join a small, dynamic team committed to human rights and campaigning for a free Tibet. We need someone motivated, flexible and well-organised, with a problem-solving approach and the ability to multi-task.
You will be the first point of contact for Free Tibet supporters and members of the public. You will be responsible for general administration, ensuring the smooth running of the office and assisting with events and supporter communications. You will support the Director of Free Tibet (who is also Director of our research partner, Tibet Watch), as well as the Free Tibet Executive Committee and the Tibet Watch Board of Trustees. This is a challenging but varied role which will suit someone who enjoys working across different areas and is able to manage competing priorities.
As part of the Free Tibet team you will have opportunities to participate in protests, campaign actions, festivals and outreach events. You will also have opportunities to attend cultural events organised by the Tibetan community.
Additional benefits include flexible working hours, training and development opportunities, a central (Shoreditch) office location, pension scheme, interest free season ticket loans and a generous annual leave allowance (25 days pro rata plus public holidays and additional time off between Christmas and New Year).
The essential requirements for this job include:
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills, including a good eye for detail.
- Experience of working in a relevant field e.g. administration or project management.
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Ability to represent Free Tibet at meetings, in liaison with suppliers and at supporter events.
- Good numeracy skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and ensure deadlines are met.
- Able to take initiative and problem solve as required.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Flexible and adaptable approach and the ability to work as part of a small team.
- Commitment to Free Tibet’s mission.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.