We are keen to better represent our youth membership and we are therefore seeking aplications from BAME youth workers to volunteer at The Gap LGBTQ+ youth club (based in Battersea SW11)
Please view this short film for further information about the youth group: https://youtu.be/Js2aDQQMzdY
We appreciate that giving up every Friday evening may not be appealing! So we are seeking volunteers who can commit to one rota’d Friday per month 6-8pm
- Building relationships with young people, which enable them to explore and make sense of their experiences.
- Assisting with the identification of the needs of young people.
- Working with young people to design, develop and deliver activities, projects and events underpinned by the youth service curriculum.
- To also be fully aware of the principles of safeguarding as they apply to young people and vulnerable adults in relation to your work role.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience of group work with young people.
- A grounded and thought through understanding of LGBTQ+ issues.
- The skills to handle sensitive issues including those relating to sexuality & gender and personal relationships, in an appropriate, professional and confidential manner.
- A minimum 6 month commitment to the role