Senior Digital Campaigns Officer
Contract: Full time
Hours: 35 per week
Location: London, Finsbury Park
Salary: £32,855 to £38,112 per annum. Please note that the starting salary is £32,855 per annum, with an opportunity to progress up the scale over time.
Closing date: 6 February 2022
Expected date of interviews: 15,16 and 21 February 2022
Are you passionate about using creativity, people power and digital media to change the world? Do you believe in standing up for human rights alongside torture survivors?
Freedom from Torture is looking for a Senior Digital Campaigns Officer to join our award-winning Digital and Campaigns team and develop and execute digital campaigns across email, social, and other digital channels. This an exciting chance to join us, with survivor empowerment and movement building at the heart of our new four year strategy. You’ll support the Head of Digital & Campaigns to roll out our digital mobilisation strategy, create campaigns that cut through the noise and win, and ultimately drive action to create lasting impact for torture survivors.
Campaign planning and delivery: working with Survivor Empowerment and Policy & Advocacy colleagues to generate campaign ideas; planning, delivering and reporting on multi-channel digital campaigns to support advocacy, awareness and persuasion goals.
Content management: Day-to-day responsibility for Freedom from Torture social media, website, and email communications, including moderating content produced by others. Drafting copy, designing and editing graphics, developing images and viral videos that drive action.
Paid ads: Contribute to the management of online advertising, including lead generation programme, Facebook and project-specific PPC, SEO, display and retargeting activity.
Reporting: Contribute to digital KPI and campaign-specific tracking and reporting using Google Analytics and other tools.
Equality, diversity & inclusion: Demonstrate through your behaviour and decisions a commitment to equality, diversity, and inclusion.
Management: Managing a Digital Assistant and ad hoc relationships with agencies and freelancers.
- You understand the intersection of online and offline organising, mobilisation, and direct action.
- You are a gifted writer, especially for email and social media. You have a track record of having successfully managed large email lists and/or social media followings.
- You are a strategic thinker with a good understanding of non-profit and advocacy communications. You’re committed to creating positive change in the world.
- You’re a lifelong learner. You love learning new skills or reading up on the latest best practice.
- You have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- You have a strong work ethic.
The big pluses
- Lived experience of torture or asylum and migration.
- Experience working on campaigns with and on behalf of vulnerable people.
- Experience of line management and coaching direct reports; experience managing relationships with agencies and freelancers.
- Experience with paid online advertising including Facebook Ads and Google Ads.
- Video and photo editing skills.
In return, we offer a competitive package, with a generous 30-day annual leave entitlement, and 6% employer pension contribution and 1% employee contribution.
To view the Job Description and Person Specification, please click the link provided.
Freedom from Torture is an equal opportunity employer! People with lived experience of torture or asylum, from Black, Asian and minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA+ individuals and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Freedom from Torture is dedicated to healing and protecting people who have survived torture. We provide therapies to improve physical and mental health, we medically document torture, and we provide legal and welfare help. We expose torture globally, we fight to hold torturing states to account and we campaign for fairer treatment of torture survivors in the UK.
We campaign for positive change, using evidence from our services and survivor voices to protect and promote survivors' rights and hold torturing states to account. We are proud to play a significant role in the global anti-torture movement. Survivors, active and empowered, are at the centre of all of our work.
Freedom from Torture is committed to its responsibilities under safeguarding, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure, as well as a need for full employment history and up to date employment references and the right to work in the UK.
We reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of applications.
No agencies please.