Job Title: Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Lead Practitioner
Salary: £30,000 - £34,000 per annum pro rata (dependent on qualifications and experience)
Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week (will consider 30 hours per week)
Freeways is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of residential care and supported living services. The aim of our services is to help people to become as independent as possible by helping them make choices, learn new skills, and make links with their local community.
About the Role:
We are looking for someone to work with us as a PBS Lead Practitioner for our innovative Positive Behaviour Support (PBS) Service. You will be passionate about transforming care, using your experience and training to provide a high level of expertise, advice and support to staff on autism-specific care and the implementation of Positive Behaviour Support.
In this exciting position you will work with our friendly and dedicated services across the former Avon area, where you will directly support people with learning disabilities, autism, and complex behaviours. You will develop and implement personalised support plans and strategies that will deliver an increasing sense of self-management and empowerment to the people we support. You will also identify staff training needs, as well as contributing to the development of further services, and support the acquisition of new business under the direction of the PBS Senior Manager.
To be considered for the PBS Lead Practitioner role you must have the following skills/qualifications:
- Master’s degree or post graduate diploma in Applied Behaviour Analysis or Positive Behaviour Support or willing to work towards (Freeways will support the right candidate in the completion of the PBS post graduate diploma)
- Previous experience leading in PBS
- Proficient in public speaking and delivering training packages
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary of £30,000-£34,000 per annum pro rata (dependent on qualifications and experience)
- 28 days’ annual leave entitlement (including public holidays) pro rata
- Annual leave entitlement increases up to 35 days with length of service pro rata
- Opportunity to complete qualifications related to the role
- Company sick pay
- Company Pension Scheme
- Free DBS check every 3 years
- Occupational health provision
- Free parking on many of our sites
- An Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour access to a counselling and legal helpline
Freeways are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
We are committed to keeping staff and service users safe during the Covid-19 pandemic and have implemented a number of measures to reduce the risk of infection.
The closing date for applications is 22nd March 2021 and interviews will be held on 1st April 2021