Support Worker (based just off Gloucester Road, Bristol)
Job Type: Full time, Part time, Permanent
Salary: £17,120 – £17,900 per annum (pro rata) (£8.75 - £9.15 per hour)
Freeways is a local charity that supports adults with learning disabilities. We are a highly regarded provider of supported living services and residential care. We are passionate about helping people to become as independent as possible by supporting them to make choices, learn new skills and make links with their local community.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for you to join our new supported living service located just off Gloucester Road in Bristol. The service is located close to several local bus routes.
You will provide support to our service users, promoting individuality, identity, rights, choice, privacy, independence, dignity, and respect through informed choice.
There is a requirement for flexible working including evenings, weekends, and sleep-in shifts.
· To respond to the particular needs of individual service users in relation to the nature of their learning disability or other support need (including physical or mental health).
· When required, support service users with personal care, domestic tasks and maintaining their home.
· To complete and maintain written records as required.
· To contribute, develop and implement residents individual care and person-centred plans.
· To communicate effectively and professionally with service users, their family members, and external professionals.
· Work in line with Freeways policies, procedures, and values.
Are you passionate about enabling people to have a meaningful life, to have new experiences or develop new skills?
We welcome applications from people with experience as well as those considering their first role in social care and have the right personal values. Staff will be fully inducted and trained.
- 28 days (pro rata) annual leave entitlement (including public holidays), increases up to 35 days (pro rata) with length of service
- Excellent induction and training programme that exceeds industry standards
- Opportunity to complete the Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care
- Prospects for progression within the company - many of our support workers have gone on to become Team Leaders, Assistant Managers, Trainee Managers and Service Managers with us
- Company sick pay
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour access to a counselling and legal helpline
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all backgrounds. This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
Freeways are committed to keeping staff and service users safe during the pandemic and have implemented a number of safety measures to reduce the risk of infection.