Our Communications and Campaigns Team is currently comprised of a diverse range of team members with varying degrees of lived experience, and a wide range of valuable skill-sets.
The structure of the team is set up to support the ongoing progression and growth of its members along the key verticals of Press, Website, Design and Outbound. The successful applicant will have some experience of these functions (but it’s not necessary to have all), and will need to be a quick learner as the role will arch across these areas in varying degrees. A can-do attitude with solid technical know-how is essential.
The fundamental purpose of this role is to support Friends, Families and Travellers with all of its communications needs. The successful applicant will also be a confident communicator, a self-starter with excellent prioritisation and time management, and enjoy working in a highly collaborative setting. They will have the opportunity to deliver communications plans and strategies in line with our overall organisational aim of protecting the right to pursue a nomadic way of life.
Key responsibilities and duties
The role will be diverse and varied. No two days nor two emails are the same! Key responsibilities will include:
- Engaging audiences through supporting the creation of compelling content across communications channels including press engagement, our website, blogs, video, social media and more.
- Researching, writing and supplying communications materials in response to briefs from the Communications and Campaigns Lead, and others.
- Working with project Leads to promote outcomes, findings and impact across our website and various channels.
- Supporting Gypsy, Roma or Traveller people to have their voices heard within wider society, through press outreach or other public-focused opportunities such as guest blogs.
- Working with our Campaigns Officers and others to identify the most impactful communications strategies.
- Maintaining and updating website content from pages to news items, as and when most reasonably appropriate.
- Triaging inbound requests to the most suitable team member across the organisation.
- Other such duties as are reasonably appropriate to the job.
To apply, please send a CV and a covering letter setting out your suitability for the role in less than 500 words
Please also take the time to fill out and submit an Equality Monitoring Form for the role. When sending in your CV, covering letter and Equality Monitoring Form, please let us know how you heard about this job advertisement
We strongly encourage applications from Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people. We will offer an interview to applicants of Gypsy, Roma or Traveller background who meet the essential criteria for the role.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.