We are looking for a creative person who is passionate about supporter engagement and fundraising to join and support our friendly and knowledgeable team. You will need to be a confident communicator and excellent writer, enthusiastic about our organisation’s vision and keen to support members of Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities to get their voice heard through our work.
The successful applicant will be working closely with our Communications and Campaigns team and our Director to:
- Support us to deliver our new membership function
- Manage our engagement with small trusts
- Encourage individual giving and manage our relationships with individual donors
- Provide fundraising administration to our Senior Management Team
Supporting our members
You will be working with our Communications team and Director to set up a new membership scheme for Friends, Families and Travellers, drawing on our broad supporter base of Gypsies, Roma and Travellers and allies. We aim to:
- Bring together a community of people with a shared vision of ending racism and discrimination against Gypsies, Roma and Travellers and protecting the right to pursue a nomadic way of life.
- Support Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people and their allies to speak out and take action on one or all of our campaigns.
- Support Gypsy, Roma and Traveller people to hold power and influence in our everyday work and strategic priorities.
Engagement with small trusts
We would like to improve and build upon our engagement with small Grant Making Trusts, in particular, to improve our income generation from Trusts for our core organisational activities.
The successful applicant will be responsible for prospecting and approaching small Grant Making Trusts who are interested in our organisation’s areas of work.
We are at the beginning of our journey for individual giving at Friends, Families and Travellers. We have been working with freelance fundraisers to identify priorities to grow our individual giving.
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing and delivering individual donor fundraising campaigns across our website, campaign management tool, social media and all other platforms. In addition, the successful applicant will be responsible for managing and maintaining relationships with our individual donors.
Grant Making Trusts are an established and successful major income stream for Friends, Families and Travellers at this time. Applications to large Grant Making Trusts are usually made by members of our Senior Management Team.
The successful applicant will be responsible for providing administrative support to members of the Senior Management Team with applications to Grant Making Trusts, and for tracking and recording our fundraising activities across the organisation.
Key responsibilities and duties
Key responsibilities will include:
- With Communications colleagues, to implement our new membership strategy
- To manage the membership database and administration procedures to keep membership records up to date
- To handle all membership communication both online and offline, including enquiries, new and renewed members and complaints
- To follow financial procedures to coordinate and report on membership and online donation payments, including Direct Debit payments and Gift Aid
- To plan and deliver recruitment campaigns and other promotional opportunities within budget - working with the Communications team, both to grow members and manage communications
- To run reports on membership and online donations data
- To ensure all online and print materials promoting membership are up-to-date
- To plan and deliver engagement activities to members - working closely with others to develop the best possible benefits
- To help manage administrational processes of online donation schemes
- To manage a portfolio of small trusts, making applications, writing reports and managing relationships.
- To manage FFT’s fundraising database and administration procedures to keep fundraising records up to date.
- To work in line with the Code of Fundraising Practice
- To carry out duties in accordance with our Health & Safety and Equality & Diversity Policies
- Other such duties as are reasonably appropriate to the job.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.