Are you passionate about improving the lives of disabled children and young people? Then we would love to hear from you! Friends for Leisure are looking for two amazing part-time Project Workers (one covering Crewe area and one covering Congleton area) to help deliver a professional, high quality and effective service to promote friendship and leisure for disabled young people across Cheshire East. This is a fantastic opportunity for individuals looking for rewarding and challenging positions within an organisation that really makes a difference to the lives of disabled young people.
Please note this job is available as a hybrid working arrangements/part working from home. We are a flexible employer and want to offer job opportunities that can be accessible to all.
Friends for Leisure’s aims and objectives include providing disabled children with the opportunities to have fun, make friends and do the everyday things that other children and young people take for granted. You will be key in helping us access these vulnerable children and their families, build their confidence and use your creative skills to deliver leisure activities that will reduce isolation and loneliness.
As a Project Worker, you will be responsible for:
- Assessing the needs of disabled young people and enabling them to access friendship and leisure opportunities of their choice, in inclusive and safe settings.
- Ensuring that good communication and liaison with families are maintained, providing guidance, and signposting as required.
- Liaising with the Volunteer Coordinator, identify suitable volunteers and arranging virtual or in-person meetings to introduce volunteers to the young people and their families.
- Developing and running fun term-time and holiday group activities with our established youth groups and holiday programmes out in the comunity.
- Evaluating group activities and seeking regular feedback from young people and families.
- Working in partnership with statutory and other agencies to provide an integrated service.
- Adhering to the charity’s procedures, including equal opportunities, confidentiality, health and safety, and safeguarding policies.
You will bring the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills – verbal and written – including the ability to interact with self-assurance with a wide range of people.
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise work.
- A team player who can work independently and on own initiative.
- Computer literate with experience using Microsoft Office packages (Word, Excel, Access).
- Experience of organizing, delivering, and evaluating group activities.
- Previous experience working with volunteers, young people and families.
- Full UK driving licence and own vehicle required.
No personal care will be involved.
The roles offer a competitive salary up to £22,100 pro rata. Along with a generous 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays and Christmas closure, you will have excellent training and development opportunities. Work is varied, fun and you will be supported by a close team who are always happy to help wherever they can.
You will be working up to 30 hours per week, including evenings, weekends and school holidays.
Some travel across Cheshire East will be expected. Excess mileage allowance of 0.45p/mile. Home visits/lone working may be required.
Appointment will be subject to enhanced DBS checks and satisfactory references.
Apply now easily with your CV or feel free to call us to discuss the jobs further.
Please download our Recruitment information pack for further information on the vacancies