About the role
This is a key role within our new energetic and ambitious fundraising team. The role has a specific focus on successfully generating new income for Frontline AIDS from a range of important grant making trusts and foundations (worldwide), as well as crucially developing and stewarding relationships with a number of key donors in your own portfolio.
At Frontline AIDS we are working to end AIDS by breaking down the legal, political and social barriers that marginalise people and increase their risk of acquiring HIV or dying from AIDS-related illness. In this role you will be providing crucial expertise which will enable us to fulfil our mission to work with communities through local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
We’ve been on the frontline of the world’s response to HIV and AIDS for 25 years, working with marginalised people who are denied HIV prevention and treatment simply because of who they are and where they live.
Set up in 1993 to work with community groups in the countries most affected by the global AIDS epidemic, we’ve continually adapted our approach, looking for innovative ways to break down the barriers that marginalise people living with, or at risk of acquiring, HIV. All with one goal in mind – a future free from AIDS for everyone, everywhere.
Everything we do is rooted in our two key beliefs:
• That the lives of all human beings are of equal value.
• That everyone has the right to access the HIV information and services they need for a healthy life.
Today, we work with communities in more than 40 countries, taking local, national and global action on HIV, health and human rights.
As a global partnership that is open to everyone, we can only do what we do – and achieve what we want to achieve – by working with partners from grassroots community groups to national governments. Our partners drive change where it matters, shaking up the status quo and making a noise on issues the world often chooses to ignore.
Are you the Frontliner we’re looking for?
You are a committed team member with a clear focus on team objectives, as well as your own. You will promote best practice within your field of expertise and challenge ways of working to ensure the highest quality and levels of efficiency. Your actions will be aligned with Frontline AIDS vision and you will inspire the same behaviour in your peers. You are comfortable working in a matrix management environment.
The role will:
• Identify and research a range of grant making trusts and foundations, and scope existing funding opportunities.
• Coordinate the proposal development process with a range of key stakeholders to produce tailored proposals to successfully generate new income for Frontline AIDS.
• Develop and steward relationships with donors within your own portfolio, coordinating technical donor reporting and recording information within our relationship management systems (via Salesforce, Frontline AIDS CRM).
• Represent the organisation within the fundraising profession and at external networking events.
• Provide additional support to teams working on corporate partnerships & philanthropy giving, as needed.
How to apply
Find out more by downloading the full job description and person specification from our website. If you are excited by this opportunity and think it’s right for you, we’d love to hear from you so apply on our jobs page and upload your CV along with a covering letter outlining why you are a great match for this role.
Closing date: 1st October 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 7th October 2019
Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults
Frontline AIDS operates a rigorous recruitment and selection process that reflects our commitment to child protection. The Protection of Children and Vulnerable Adults Policy can be downloaded from our website.
Due to the application of UK immigration rules, we unfortunately cannot sponsor this position for anyone who do not have the right to work in the UK.