About the role:
The external relations division is responsible for the message and reputation of Frontline, and inspiring support for the charity. The marketing team leads on building brand awareness, producing marketing materials representing Frontline and engaging with different stakeholders through multiple channels, while creating an overarching image that represents Frontline in a positive light.
This role has a high level of autonomy, creativity and the potential for significant skills development. The role will provide the right candidate with an exciting opportunity to create, co-ordinate and deliver stand out content that will help bring our work to life across all mediums.
A little bit about you:
As part of the marketing team the digital content officer plays a key role in helping to raise the profile and awareness of the Frontline brand through the implementation and co-ordination of a range of marketing and communications activity. The digital content officer will be responsible for digital content management and creation, managing the online presence of the charity on its website and managing the production process of graphic design work. The post holder will manage and deliver a wide range of multimedia content so that the charity can continue to inform, engage and influence its existing and potential audiences. Projects within this role will span across the range of the charity’s work and involve cross-function working with many teams.
Your experience and knowledge
- Knowledge and experience of HTML and using website content management systems
- Sound knowledge and demonstrable experience of creating and managing multimedia content in a range of formats
- Excellent video and audio production, and editing skills
- Knowledge and experience of video and audio production and editing software
- Experience of social media content creation
- Knowledge and experience of Adobe Illustrator and InDesign
Characteristics and skills
- Strong belief in and enthusiasm for Frontline’s aims and mission
- Excellent time management skills with an ability to consistently meet deadlines and manage a varied and demanding workload
- Reporting and digital analytical skills and software experience
- Evidence of creative thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a track record for collaborative working and confidently building and managing sustainable relationships at all levels
You can find out more about this role in our job pack.
We believe that diversity makes for a stronger team and want our organisation to better reflect the communities we serve. Therefore, we are actively seeking applicants from ethnic minority backgrounds for this role. We are also a disability confident employer and welcome applicants with disabilities. Please let us know how we can make the recruitment process more accessible for you by emailing our People team, contact details can be found on our current opportunities page.
We only accept applications through our non-biased recruitment website, Pinpoint.