- £57,624 (inclusive of London weighting)
- Reports to External Relations Director
- Full time, Permanent
- Flexible, must work from London office at least once a week plus in person meetings and events
- Closes 12pm, Friday 8 July 2022
This role leads a small team, with responsibility for raising philanthropic revenue from trusts, foundations, corporates and HNWIs. Long term, you will be focused on growth of income, building on an existing springboard of activity to further develop the fundraising proposition.
About the role
As England’s largest social work charity, Frontline’s mission is to create social change for children who do not have a safe or stable home. Through their social work leadership programmes, the Frontline Fellowship and their Innovation Lab they look to develop excellent social work practice, leadership and innovation. They develop social workers to be agents of change, improving the system to have greater positive impact for children and families.
This position offers an opportunity to further establish Frontline’s fundraising proposition. You’ll bring ideas and solutions that package up the work of the charity and demonstrate impact.
The income portfolio is predominantly formed of trusts and foundations funding currently, with plans to diversify and establish further corporate and HNWI relationships. Alongside this, there are opportunities to consider how to best utilise the network of the Frontline Fellowship – alumni who have previously completed one of Frontline’s programmes.
There is an understanding organisationally that fundraising is everyone’s responsibility. This role will continue to drive this culture, establishing support for new activities by working with key stakeholders, senior leadership and trustees, to lead and manage the growth of Frontline’s fundraising programme.
- As head of fundraising you will work closely with the external relations director and senior stakeholders to review, refine and implement a long term fundraising strategy, focused on growth and diversification of income.
- With responsibility for the strategic delivering of fundraising you will develop and implement fundraising initiatives, working creatively to establish new income sources.
- You will manage a small team, remaining hands on and identifying new opportunities with high value partners and individuals.
- You will design and deliver an engaging programme of cultivation and stewardship activity – focused on working in collaboration with other teams and with a view to securing long term, sustainable support.
- Proven expertise of high value fundraising (ideally including trusts and foundations) and raising five- and six-figure donations.
- Experience of leading teams, supporting their development and leading by example.
- Ability to work with senior stakeholders, effectively gaining and utilising their support to further fundraising activities.
- Creative and solutions-focused approach to fundraising – supporting long term diversification and growth of income by identifying new opportunities for support.
- Target driven with an eye for detail – assessing, prioritising and managing a varied workload of fundraising activity.