Functional Skills Tutor (Maths) – Training Provider
A Milton Keynes based Training Provider is seeking a Functional Skills Tutor to deliver teaching in Maths up to and including level 2 to our 16-19 year old trainees on the EFA funded Study Programme. Based in our centre in Wolverton you will generally work with small group of about 4 to 5 trainees but where appropriate on a one to one basis.
Functional Skills Tutor (Maths)
Job type: Permanent, part-time (15 hours a week)
£18,000 - £21,000 p.a pro rata (depending on qualifications and experience)
All our trainees work in one of our social enterprises (catering, horticulture, childcare, graphic design, hospitality or cycle repair) where they gain vocational skills and qualifications, but also have the opportunity to develop embedded functional skills through the work of the enterprise. All those without a maths or English GCSE (A-C) receive formal teaching with the aim of enabling them to achieve at least one level above their achievement on entry.
This is a permanent post for 15 hours a week. To be considered for this post we would expect you to have experience in the delivery of Functional Skills training to groups of learners aged 16 to 19 and NEET. You should possess a relevant teaching qualification with PTLLS as a minimum along with a level 3 qualification in literacy or numeracy.
For this post you will need an enhanced DBS check.
- Teach trainees in Functional Skills (Maths) to qualifications standard
- Design Functional Skills sessions in conjunction with our Training Manager to awarding body requirements
- Keep trainee progress reports up to date, tracking progress against sessions delivered
- Liaise with enterprise staff to ensure class-room based learning is embedded through the work of the enterprise
- Previous experience in delivering Functional Skills to young people
- Holder of a teaching qualification
- Experience working with young people, particularly NEET young people
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to design schemes of work and session plans to awarding body qualification requirements
- Good IT skills
- Knowledge and experience of delivering English and ICT training
If you would like to apply for this position, please click the apply button and attach your CV and covering letter, it will be sent automatically to us.
No agencies please.