Candidate must be located within the United Kingdom (UK). This position is a two-year fixed contractual agreement.
About the Fund:
The Fund for Global Human Rights (the Fund) is a leading supporter of on-the-ground human rights groups around the world. Dedicated to finding and funding the most effective human rights organizations in regions from Latin America to Africa to Southeast Asia, the Fund for Global Human Rights offers grants and facilitates technical support to ensure the long-term effectiveness and viability of frontline groups working in challenging conditions with scant resources.
The Fund is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering and nurturing a mission-focused, collaborative, and diverse workforce. The Fund aims to provide competitive salaries and comprehensive employee benefits. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
As an employer, we are deeply committed to the overall well-being of our staff. We offer 100% employer paid health benefits, generous paid leave, and flexible working options designed to meet the diverse needs of our globally-based team members.
The Systems Administrator assists with the daily management and oversight of all elements of the Fund’s IT infrastructure and systems. Primary responsibilities include Azure AD/Intune management, Office 365 administration, network/infrastructure/systems design and management, project management, technical assistance and support, and departmental administrative tasks.
Responsibilities for Systems Administrator
- Work with the Fund’s technical and non-technical staff to design, deploy, and maintain various Microsoft 365 products and services including, but not limited to: Azure AD, Exchange Online, Teams, OneDrive for Business, InTune, … etc.
- Manage security and access policies and configurations including Conditional Access/Tenant policies, SSO integration, MFA, ATP, Microsoft Defender, and cloud app security.
- Monitor security best practices to ensure compliance with the organization’s IT policies and global IT and security standards
- Monitor systems and data protection policies in compliance with GDPR
- Responsible for developing, writing and editing technical documentation such as standard operating procedures, technical manuals, user manuals, and design documentation for Microsoft O365 Tenant for Microsoft Azure, Active Directory Federation Services, Conditional Access, Cloud App Security, Windows Defender ATP, SharePoint, and OneDrive
- Manage Office 365 app training and education to new and current users on Office 365 Collaboration tools
- Gather system requirements and support several projects in evolving, testing, and rolling-out new products and services, then transitioning the product to post launch operations activities throughout the life of the product or services
- Identify improvements to IT documentation, network maps, processes/procedures, and service request
- Develop training materials and deliver information technology training sessions on how to navigate and use organizations systems and technology to staff.
- Research products and new technologies to increase efficiency of the organization
- Maintain the department’s assets, computer, and software inventory
- Manage the technology orientation process of new employees
- Maintain current knowledge of latest technology and cybersecurity trends
- Provide end-user technical support (hardware, Software, system access and education)
- Work on special IT and security projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, CIS, IT/Engineering, or other relevant field required with at least five years of related experience
- Demonstrated experience in Windows 10 and macOS environments
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Cloud solutions: Azure AD, Intune MDM + MAM
- Demonstrated experience in Office 365 administration and troubleshooting
- Proficiency in PowerShell Scripts and Power Automate
- Experience in general LAN/WAN maintenance and configuration
- Experience with workstation imaging and deployment
- Experience with Apple iOS and Android OS
- Experience in Cisco Firewalls, Access points, and Routers.
- Experience in data and privacy laws and regulations, especially GDPR
- Advanced knowledge in hardware and software troubleshooting
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Superior tactical, analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Capable of presenting ideas in user-friendly language to a non-technical audience
- Interest in Human Rights and Internet Freedom
- Experience managing and implementing projects
- Ability to self-direct, manage priorities, and meet deadlines
- Commitment to service-oriented excellence
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Knowledge in additional third-party application, specifically Sage Intacct, Xero, Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, Slack, GIFTS, Asana, Google Analytics
- Knowledge in Linux servers administration.
- Certifications like MCSA, MCSE, CCNA, Hyper V .
- Knowledge of Virtualization (Hyper V, VMware, Xen)
- Experience working with NGOs.
- Fluency in languages other than English.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.