Job DescriptionHarris Hill is pleased to be working with a national children's charity to recruit a passionate, bubbly and creative community fundraiser.
Covering projects in East London and Essex, working with the Senior Fundraiser you will have autonomy over your community fundraising targets and the opportunity to be as creative as you can in reaching your annual income targets.
If you love working with community groups, selling an idea, idea-sharing with team mates and have a proactive approach to community-based fundraising then this could be the role for you!
Situated in a dynamic London setting (Holborn) you will be able to have real ownership of your portfolio of supporters, work on fun and effective events and use your initiative to achieve your annual fundraising target of up to 80,000.
Key responsibilities include:
- Maintaining strong relationships with beneficiaries by going out to meet the projects you support and via clear and frequent communication
- Supporting community fundraising groups by demonstrating accountability and loyalty to donors, supporters and volunteers and ensuring recognition of services.
- To research and identify novel opportunities for new projects and activities.
- Accurate planning of fundraising activity, identifying cost / income benefit, target audiences
and resources required.
- Building and managing effective relationships and communications with donors and
volunteers to maximise current and future contributions to the charity.
- Making the fundraising ask to current and potential donors.
- Regular and consistent financial and activity reports for the Senior Fundraiser and
- To work as a member of the fundraising team, the External Relations and Communications directorate and with other colleagues by attending and contributing to team meetings and enlisting their support for the fundraising programme.
Skills and Experience required:
- Demonstrable experience of customer care and customer service excellence with a focus to achieving targets and income generation
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate with a wide range of people
- Creative and proactive - you will be formulating your own ideas and managing your own work week as required by the Senior Fundraiser
- Experience of working with volunteers, being able to motivate them and communicate the charity's needs and mission
- Strong interpersonal skills, happy to engage with people on a subject you have passion for
- Database, financial planning and budgeting skills
- Able to drive and happy and flexible to travel extensively within your specified region