Are you an effective Fundraiser with a concern for homelessness? We are a small team committed to preventing homelessness in Mid Devon.
HOURS: 18 hours per week (flexible)
LOCATION: Mid Devon
SALARY: £20,253 pa pro rata
RESPONSIBLE TO: Coordinator & Designated Trustee
General Description of post
To secure funding for the organisation’s current costs and future expansion.
At present CHAT relies heavily on income generated from grant making trusts, individual and church donations as well as fundraising activities.
The person appointed should be fully acquainted with the aims and objectives of the organisation, the services it provides and how these are delivered. They will maintain regular contact with staff in order to keep updated with relevant material regarding statistics and outcomes for funders.
Their main role will be applying for funding from local and national trusts, businesses and other grant making bodies. In addition to maintain and develop regular sources of income including legacies.
They will work with the Community Development Officer to promote the work of CHAT across Mid Devon, including promotion of our ‘Givers of Hope’ regular giving scheme.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Grant making Trusts:
- To research appropriate grant making trusts.
- To write tailored applications, addressing grant making priorities or requirements as specified by individual trusts and foundations.
- To contact all trusts who have donated in the past to maintain their interest and support.
- To liaise with staff to obtain relevant information, statistics and outcomes as necessary for applications.
- To liaise with the Coordinator and /or designated Trustee where appropriate during the grant application process.
- To identify and approach local and national businesses, securing financial contributions and the support of employees.
Working alongside the Community Development Officer:
- To grow the Givers of Hope scheme and encourage key donors.
- To assist with organising significant fundraising events.
- To initiate an effective and ongoing legacy campaign.
- To provide a quarterly report of progress to the Coordinator and Trustees
- To provide a monthly time sheet and expense claim
- To keep copies of all correspondence, sent and received
- To provide other reasonable information as required by the Coordinator or the Trustees
- To attend training as required and to keep up to date with new fundraising strategies and ideas.
- To attend regular supervision with the Coordinator
Any other duties in connection with the role as required by the Coordinator.