Be part of the action.
How we work
You will be a creative, self-motivated and supportive team member who is led by the desire to every day, help change children and young people’s lives for the better. You will play a role in delivering the Community Partnership team’s new growth strategy that will support fellow fundraisers, supporters and our projects across the UK.
Based in our London Great Queen Street office in Holborn, specifically focussing on fundraising in the East of London & Essex. You will work with the London fundraiser & Fundraising Manager to deliver a sustainable programme of third party fundraising events, developing new groups and networks whilst providing support to individuals, groups and businesses supporting the charity in the East of London & Essex.
How you’ll make a difference:
This role will give you the autonomy to manage your working week, meeting the needs of your role.
- You will be going out to meet the projects you support, working with fellow fundraisers in their locations and attending meetings as needed.
- In the office you will work with the London fundraiser colleague. This is a really friendly and supportive team who work hard and well together to achieve their goals.
- You will deliver a programme of fundraising activities with agreed budgets and KPI’s
- Continue to develop our fundraising activity in London and Essex through a range of activities
- Manage a portfolio of third party fundraising events, raise income, and generate new supporters as well as stewarding existing supporters.
Action for Children work on an array of exciting events, activities and partnerships to raise vital funds for our work supporting disadvantaged and neglected children, young people and their families. We support a wide range of individuals, community groups and businesses to raise money for the children and young people we support in the local community.
What you’ll need:
- Well organised with the ability to plan and prioritise a busy workload
- You will need to have a full driving licence and access to your own vehicle for this role.
- Good understanding of the principles of excellent customer care, relationship management and the accountabilities of a charity to its donors, supporters and volunteers
- Raiser’s Edge knowledge preferable
- Confident presentation skills
- Have good numeracy and budgeting skills
How to apply
To apply online, visit our site via the apply link.
Closing date: 16th March 2017
As a charity working for children from every background, we’re big believers in diversity and equality when it comes to recruiting.
Registered charity no. 1097940. Company no. 4764232. Charity registered in Scotland SC038092.