Join a small charity with big partnerships. Nurture relationships with funders, create new partnerships and develop your skills with us.
We’re currently working very effectively remotely and will continue to be a distributed team with regular days together in London.
Who we are
Apps for Good is a small independent charity giving young people the skills they need to thrive. For 10 years we’ve worked with teachers to unlock the potential of over 200,000 students around the UK and beyond. Our programmes support young people with the skills and confidence they need to thrive and empower them to be the purposeful innovators of the future.
We’re now embarking on an exciting new chapter. Young people, especially those with experience of disadvantage, are not learning the skills they need to create innovative solutions to climate change. We are creating a new programme, building on our existing methodology, experience and networks, so that young people can thrive in a transformed post-carbon economy.
We are a charity with a start-up mindset. We are a close-knit, ambitious and energetic team who all believe strongly in our mission and values.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about social impact and building long-term mutually valuable relationships. You’ll support, nurture and grow our fantastic network of funders and partners, including LEGO, Spotify, BNY Mellon, SAP and Deutsche Bank. We need a brilliant relationship manager who can work with a diverse range of key contacts and volunteers.
Our partnerships enhance young people’s learning experience, support our strategy and give us the funding we need to remain free and accessible to as many young people as possible. We believe that this collaboration is essential to bridge education and industry.
As part of a small team, you’ll get to work hands-on to drive our fundraising, contributing your ideas and insights directly to our strategy. You’ll work on exciting projects and big partnerships, while being part of our new climate programme from the ground up. This is a great opportunity to step up in your fundraising career with plenty of opportunities to develop and learn.
- Account management and building high quality relationships with our existing partners
- Meet with existing partners and prospects on a regular basis to provide verbal updates on progress and/or pitch for new funding opportunities
- Support our corporate partners to recruit, engage and coordinate volunteers to support our students
- Work with the wider team to coordinate volunteering programmes, ensuring they create impact and meet student and teacher needs
- Work with the Head of Fundraising and Partnerships to secure new foundations & trusts and corporate partnerships, negotiating from initial meeting through to contract
- Write regular updates, reports and other comms for existing and prospective funding partners
- Research into developments and changes in the broader education, climate, tech, CSR and sustainability sectors
- Work with the Head of Fundraising and Partnerships to maintain a weekly pipeline of active prospects and explore new funding routes or income sources
- Work with the wider team to implement funded projects and products
- Support the development of our ongoing fundraising and partnerships strategy
This is a permanent role, working remotely with regular travel to meet clients and prospects, when safe to do so. It’s full time but could be four days per week and we’ll consider other working patterns. We’ll aim to meet in London as a team each month. We offer flexible working, health care insurance, 24 days holiday and extra days off over Christmas, plus you get your birthday off.
We are committed to developing our team and supporting their career aspirations. We are incredibly proud that colleagues have gone on to work for organisations such as Pearson, the Government Digital Service, Tech UK, University of Salford and Times Higher Education.
We have a long history of flexible and remote working across our team and believe everyone should have a good work/life balance while contributing to work they care about. Learn more about working at Apps for Good from current and former team members here.
We embrace a diverse range of perspectives, skills, experience and knowledge within Apps for Good. Joining a small collaborative team means you’ll contribute to a variety of projects and everyone across the team has their voice heard and contributes to our strategy and operations.
- At least two years experience in one or more of the following areas; fundraising, partnership management, business development or account management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Confident at networking and engaging with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to deliver high quality presentations and pitches to external organisations
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills, with the ability to work across the team and deliver on shared projects
- Positive, communicative and proactive approach to work and problem-solving
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Great self-starter who can independently oversee projects from start to finish
- Enthusiasm for Apps for Good’s mission
- Experience managing projects independently and across a team, with strong attention to detail and process
- Experience of volunteer management
How to apply
Please submit a CV and around 500 words describing why you’d like to join the team and how you meet the role requirements
Apply by Monday 14th June
Interviews are planned for the week commencing 21st June although we will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis so we may arrange a phone interview earlier
Please contact Matt Guy, Head of Fundraising and Partnerships with any questions or for an informal conversation about the role.
Please send a CV and around 500 words explaining why you'd like to join the team, why this role, and how you meet the requirements.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.