The postholder can work from home for some of their time and from our office in Central Northampton, some limited travel across the county required.
There is the opportunity for performance pay increases and with the opportunity for this to develop into a part time Fundraising Manager post within 12 months depending on the performance of the postholder, with incremental performance pay increases based on fundraising performance.
The Fundraising Co-ordinator is a key role for NorPIP which will lead on the generation of income with a particular focus on events & trusts and foundations fundraising, engaging to support current and new projects. The right candidate will be a strong communicator who can bring applications and proposals to life with compelling narrative to demonstrate NorPIP’s case to a range of funders, as well as have strong presentation skills and the ability to develop robust working relationships. The role will work across NorPIP’s staff team and align funding bids and proposals with our strategic priorities, particularly working alongside and reporting to our Executive Director. You will be an energetic, friendly and persuasive personality that is results driven and have a good eye for detail and possess strong bid writing and research skills.
This is an excellent opportunity to use your skills and experience as a fundraiser to improve the care and support given to families and carers with young infants who are suffering from mental health conditions and post-natal depression and would ideally suit someone willing to grow with the role as our charity expands.
Our charity is undergoing a period of rapid growth and we are committed to include people with personal experience of mental health issues in all our work. NorPIP is committed to driving up standards, improving education and training, changing the county & region’s approach to support to parents with mental health conditions in the early stages of parenthood.
- To be responsible for leading on the development and growth of NorPIP’s income from corporate, community, charitable trusts and foundations into a major source of funding for the charity. Priority areas will include unrestricted funds and funding for projects requiring additional or ongoing support.
- You will manage a portfolio of participant events including marathons, skydives and other challenge activities and produce and maintain accurate records of all income and expenditure as well as NorPIP’s annual Bike Ride
- Leading on generating and securing income from a diverse range of grant-making and charitable trusts to support our identified priorities.
- Writing and submitting high-quality targeted funding applications in a form and style which matches NorPIP with the funders’ requirements.
- Responsibility for organising an annual bike ride & other major fundraising giving events, with a fundraising target of £30,000 in the first year, working predominantly in partnership with the University of Northampton and other voluntary groups to harness volunteer event co-ordination.
- Identifying opportunities for NorPIP to generate income, especially researching and targeting individual trusts and foundations.
- Matching projects to potential funding opportunities.
- Developing and capitalising on long-term relationships with major trusts and foundations to secure ongoing additional funding.
- Applying for awards, prizes and other forms of recognition for NorPIP’s work.
- Managing current grants (with support from Executive Director and Clinical Lead), ensuring contractual requirements are met and donors remain supportive and engaged.
- Working with project leads to write and submit regular updates to funders throughout the life of a project, including progress reports, evaluations and end-of-project reports.
- Keeping a Capsule CRM database showing progress with applications and projects requiring funding
- Feeding back on progress against set targets and budgets to the Executive Director.
- Maintaining a watching brief on developments in fundraising and third sector funding
- Contributing to the development and delivery of the organisation’s strategy, and working with the SMT to support the implementation of the service delivery plan.
- ·Working with the Executive Director & Treasurer and project leads to develop realistic costings and budgets to support funding proposals.
- Contributing to, supporting and where appropriate leading on aspects of NorPIP’s broader income generation work including occasional support to contract tendering and procurement.
- Recruiting and managing community fundraisers.
- Managing your own workload to meet priorities, deadlines and targets
- Providing management and support to team members and volunteers as appropriate.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.