This is a fantastic opportunity for an organised individual who wants to step into the charity sector and join a small but ambitious medical research charity working to prevent premature birth. This is an exciting new role within the Events & Engagement Team where you can make a real impact, supporting the delivery of the fundraising strategy with our wonderful supporters.
The Fundraising Events Assistant will provide administrative support to the Events and Engagement team and be responsible for providing excellent customer service to Borne supporters and assisting the Head of Events & Engagement with the delivery of special events.This role is an excellent opportunity for someone who has the drive and ambition to develop as Borne continues to grow.
- Providing administrative support to the Events and Engagement team.
- Act as first point of contact to Borne supporters ensuring excellent customer service.
- Thank fundraisers and donors by telephone, email and letter, ensuring they receive a high quality and timely response.
- Maintaining stock control systems and organising supplies of fundraising materials including ordering from suppliers and dispatching to supporters.
- Support the Head of Events & Engagement on large, high-profile events by taking responsibility for allocated projects.
- Venue research and booking for smaller scale events and high net worth dinners.
- Research and approach companies for support of GIK for events, collating information and writing copy for auction brochure.
- Developing processes and systems to ensure the smooth running of the Events and Engagement team’s operations, including maintaining accurate information on the charity’s database.
- Be an active and supportive member of the Borne team, working collaboratively with colleagues to maximise cross-working opportunities.
- Gaining and maintaining a good understanding of the charity’s work, key priorities, and future plans.
- Ensuring all associated activities are compliant with charity law, regulatory requirements, and best practice including those of the Data Protection Act and GDPR.
- Attend fundraising events as required.
- Contribute to the development of the fundraising and engagement strategy that will grow our income and audience.
- Keep up to date with industry developments and best practice initiatives.
- Identify ways of streamlining processes and improving ways of working within the charity.
Borne is a medical research charity at the forefront of funding preterm birth research to make childbirth safer for mothers and babies. The research that we support has changed our understanding of labour, taken forward promising new treatments to delay the onset of premature labour and improved clinicians’ knowledge and ability to manage complicated pregnancies.
Our supporters help us create unique experiences that help grow our network of support and broaden the impact of our research. Our fundraising events bring together the influential, curious and passionate to raise awareness and funding to stop premature birth. Our Patrons and Ambassadors include British icon Dame Darcey Bussell, rugby great Will Greenwood MBE, television personality Jason Fox, golf champion Francesco Molinari, fashion icon Erin O’Connor, singer Sophie Ellis-Bextor and tennis champion Greg Rusedski; they are all passionate and proactive in their support of Borne.
We hold family life, the health of mothers and babies and scientific excellence at the heart of everything we do. Research provides the foundations for lasting change, and our work has the potential to give millions of babies around the world a better start in life, unaffected by disability caused by being born too soon.
How to apply
Our aim is to ensure that we recruit the best person for the job. We will ensure that the selection process is fair and without discrimination for or against any candidate based on age, ethnicity, gender, marital status or sexual orientation.
Please send us your CV and cover letter ensuring that you demonstrate how your experience and skills make you suitable for this position. We will assess all applications against the specification criteria. Candidates who best meet the specification will be invited to interview.
A shortlist of candidates will be invited to attend a final interview. We will make a verbal offer of employment by telephone, and this will be confirmed in writing. The offer is subject to reference checks and the provision of proof of identity, qualifications, and evidence of your right to work in the UK.
Interviews will be held on a rolling basis.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.