Responsible to: Trust Lead for ITT and CPL
Salary: Commensurate with this senior role and dependent on experience
Start date: As soon as available (ideally Spring 2020)
Commitment: Part-time or Full-time, can be arranged alongside teaching or another role for the right candidate.
Closing date: 11am, Tuesday 10th December
A unique and exciting opportunity to join the leadership team of a top-rated teacher training provider.
Future Academies is looking to appoint an exceptional individual to support in the leadership of our Initial Teacher Training (ITT) programme.
Reporting to the Trust Lead for ITT and the Governing Board, this is a senior role and represents an exciting opportunity to be part of something special, developing and supporting trainees and teachers across our MAT and beyond, and playing a significant role in influencing the outcomes of students.
Specifically, the Deputy Lead for ITT will:
- Develop, deliver and evaluate the impact of our training programme for ITT.
- Work with our Central Team to recruit high-quality trainee teachers.
- Support the coordination and delivery of our training programmes, including embedding the new ITT Core Framework.
- Monitor the quality of our student teachers and support them in the effective delivery of our curriculum.
Future Academies is a multi-academy trust (MAT) and family of seven schools in London and Hertfordshire. As a MAT working predominantly with schools located in disadvantaged areas, our motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education), is always at the heart of what we do. We believe that all young people, regardless of their background or circumstances, are able to achieve, given the right support. Therefore, we are committed to providing each and every young person under our care with a broad, balanced and rigorous education
, within a disciplined but caring environment.
The Pimlico-London SCITT was founded in 2013, with the aim of recruiting and training the next generation of outstanding teachers. We offer an academically rigorous and school-led ITT programme, balancing classroom know-how and experience with academic excellence and PGCE study. We are very proud of our excellent outcomes for our trainee teachers: to date, we have been judged ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, and have been ranked the third best SCITT in the country (the first in London) by the Good Teacher Training Guide 2017.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking a passionate, engaging and exceptional teacher to join us in this exciting position. To be successful in this role you will require:
- A thirst for knowledge and an engagement with relevant research in education
- A belief in a knowledge-rich curriculum and using evidence-informed practice in the classroom
- A proven track record of developing and improving the effectiveness of teaching
- Experience of supporting in the development of novice teachers through mentoring and the delivery of training (Desirable)
- Knowledge and understanding of Initial Teacher Training routes (Desirable)
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to work across a diverse partnership of schools and impact the lives of approximately 4000 children across the MAT and beyond.
- Support from our experienced and highly successful ITT team.
- A commitment to extensive CPD opportunities.
- Flexible working arrangements – we are open to applicants wishing to fulfil this role on a full or part-time basis. We will also support applicants wishing to continue a teaching commitment, within or outside Future Academies.
- A free lunch when working from our central office in Pimlico.
- Access to a range of benefits through our employee benefit scheme, Perkbox.
For further information about Future Academies and its schools please check our website.
If you are interested in playing a key role in helping our expanding and thriving MAT improve further, please submit your CV to register initial interest. You wil then be asked to complete our teacher application form (found on our website) and return it to us by 11am on Tuesday 10th December.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.