Reporting directly to the COO as the Head of HR, you will develop and deliver the HR service in support of the overall strategic aims and objectives of the Trust. Working with senior stakeholders, you will agree HR priorities, recommend appropriate people solutions and implement people related systems. This position is both strategic and operational covering a broad range of generalist HR areas including Employee Relations, Recruitment, Performance Management and Pay & Reward.
You will line manage the HR team currently based across London and Hertfordshire and will provide a fully integrated HR service across all school sites and the central office team. You will be required to partner with the leadership team, advising on complex cases and will be able to take on full case management responsibility as required.
Future Academies is a multi-academy trust (MAT) and family of nine schools in London and Hertfordshire. As a MAT working predominantly with schools located in disadvantaged areas, our motto, libertas per cultum (freedom through education), is always at the heart of what we do. We believe that all young people, regardless of their background or circumstances, are able to achieve, given the right support. Therefore, we are committed to providing each and every young person under our care with a broad, balanced and rigorous education, within a disciplined but caring environment.
Our Ideal Candidate
We are seeking to appoint a highly organised, systematic, resilient and solution-focused HR professional to join us in this exciting position. You will be a lead practitioner with the drive to continually improve processes and seek new challenges. To be successful in this role, you will require:
- CIPD Level 7 (MCIPD desirable)
- Strong Generalist HR Experience and up-to-date knowledge of employment law
- Experience of working in a unionised environment
- Experience of organisational development and managing change
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent line management and coaching skills
- Experience of working in schools/academies is desirable but not essential.
What we can offer you
- The opportunity to work across a growing MAT and a diverse partnership of schools.
- A commitment to extensive CPD opportunities.
- A generous holiday entitlement and LGPS pension.
- Access to a range of benefits through our employee benefit scheme, Perkbox.
- The exciting potential to have a positive impact upon the lives of children and young people across our MAT.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please download the support staff application form and return the completed form by midnight 5th July 2020 along with your letter of application, no longer than one A4 page.
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role.
Future Academies is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.