About Future Frontiers
In the UK, family income is the strongest predictor of how well a young person will do at school and the future opportunities they will have. Future Frontiers exists to change this.
We are an award-winning education charity with an innovative approach to tackling educational inequality in the UK. By partnering with schools and forward-thinking businesses, we provide young people with an intensive programme of face-to-face career coaching and opportunities to engage with relevant sector role models in the lead up to major crossroads in their education aged 16 and 18.
Why we need you
We are seeking an exceptional individual to support the effective delivery of our programmes across the UK. This year we have continued to grow our reach and thanks to continued support from funders and business partners we are able to focus on our future growth and development. Dependent on growth and performance, there will be an opportunity for the successful candidate to remain within the programmes team at the end of the contract.
As a member of our management team, overseeing a talented and high performing programmes team, you'll play a key role in the organisation's future. If this excites you, we want to hear from you.
You will lead an amazing team of Programme Managers, overseeing all aspects of our programme delivery. Below are the key areas; full details are available on the attached job specification.
- Effectively manage a team of Programme Managers
- Ongoing development of our core programme including building feedback systems and managing our pupil advisory group
- Develop key delivery systems that exist across programmes
- Department planning and reporting on key measures of success
You’ll thrive in this role if you…
- Are highly organised and able to manage multiple responsibilities with competing deadlines and timelines.
- Are flexible and able to respond effectively in a changing environment
- Are a self-starter and problem-solver; you’re willing to get stuck in and step up to help build an evolving start-up into a sustainable organisation that drives real social change
- Have experience building and maintaining relationships with a variety of stakeholders (ideally young people, schools, volunteers and businesses)
- Have exceptional communication and presentation skill; you’ll be passionate, compelling, and able to inspire others around you using a clear and concise communication style
- Can demonstrate leadership and problem-solving abilities
- Have a desire to help young people develop aspirations that will inspire them to achieve their full potential
- Minimum 2 years experience working with young people in a professional capacity
- Minimum 2 years experience of managing projects to a high quality (including development of delivery processes and experience of monitoring and evaluation)
- Minimum 1 year experience of line management and successfully leading a team
Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Inclusion
Here at Future Frontiers we are dedicated to the practice of equal opportunities. The principles of it underpin our mission and we treat all employees, volunteers, clients and students as individuals. We believe in having an open and inclusive culture that champions diversity in all its forms, including age, disability, culture, race, gender, sexual orientation, life experiences, socio-economic background, and religion. We encourage everyone to apply for our roles.
If you would like to talk to us about working at Future Frontiers in advance of your application, particularly in regards to diversity, we strongly encourage you to contact us via email and we will arrange a call. We’d love to hear from you.
How to Apply
- Please fill out our application form by answering two questions and attaching your CV.
- Deadline: 12th March at midday
- Full details on attached job specification.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.