In the UK, family income is the strongest predictor of how well a young person will do at school and the future opportunities they will have. Future Frontiers exists to change this.
We work in pursuit of life-changing impact for the young people we serve. By partnering with schools and forward-thinking businesses, we provide young people with an intensive programme of face-to-face career coaching and opportunities to engage with relevant sector role models in the lead up to major crossroads in their education aged 16 and 18.
Why we need you
This is a critical role in our Partnerships team, responsible for driving forward our business partnerships strategy and securing over £500k in income for the charity next academic year. We are looking for an individual with a strong track record in new business sales or business development.
There are 3 main areas of this role. You will be the department lead for prospecting, pitching and retention. You will also be responsible for your own pipeline - winning new business and account managing existing relationships. Full details can be found in the attached Job Description, below is a summary.
1. Department-wide responsibility
- Work strategically with the Head of Partnerships to drive business partnership growth.
- Take charge of the end-to-end business sales process including new business and partnership retention, implementing creative strategies to improve the department.
- Be the department operations lead; you will be responsible for perfecting the systems and processes that underpin a successful sales team.
2. Winning new business
- Pitch to senior stakeholders (usually CEOs or HR directors), providing compelling reasons for them to partner with Future Frontiers and manage the relationship through to closing the partnership.
3. Account management for the long-term
- Work closely with our Programmes Team to make sure the excellent business partner experience is maintained throughout the programme.
- Manage renewals, upselling to businesses and growing your accounts year on year.
Full details can be found in the attached Job Description, below is a summary.
- You have a passion for education and for improving opportunities for young people from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- You are an exceptional relationship builder: you are humble, diplomatic and connect with people easily. You will be at ease interacting with senior professionals in a business environment.
- You have outstanding written and verbal communication skills. You will be able to articulate with passion and conviction the difference Future Frontiers makes to young people.
- You have a proven track-record of success in a business development role or sales role you’ve got examples of how you’ve generated new ideas and tactics to grow business. The focus of this role will be new business.
- You are looking to progress your career and are ready to take on new levels of responsibility within a supportive and passionate team.
What we can offer you
- Early finish on Fridays
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- Team building offsites and regular team socials throughout the year
- Flexible working: core hours 10am – 4pm and at least 1 day a week working from home as standard
- Cycle to work scheme
- Generous parental pay and additional childcare leave for child’s first 2 years
Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Inclusion
Here at Future Frontiers we are dedicated to the practice of equal opportunities. The principles of it underpin our mission and we treat all employees, volunteers, clients and students as individuals. We believe in having an open and inclusive culture that champions diversity in all its forms. We encourage everyone to apply for our roles.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.