Main aim of the role:
Responsible for managing and organising all administrative activities to facilitate the smooth running of Future Skills.
The post holder will be responsible for:
- Researching, reviewing and updating policies and procedures to confirm they are up-to-date and legally compliant.
- Scheduling and coordinating termly team meetings for both planning and reflection.
- Developing and Implementing a Social Media posting schedule across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, etc).
- Creating an inventory of supplies and ordering resources needed for staff or sessions.
- Assisting with fundraising, researching potential grants, drafting proposals.
- Researching, recommending and booking relevant training courses for staff. Ensure core safeguarding training is completed in accordance to requirements.
- Managing both the online and hard copy filing systems.
- Managing the Single Central Register to ensure all checks and information are up to date.
- Assisting with logistics and set up of sessions where necessary.
- Contacting child services departments, care homes, schools or youth organisations to offer FST’s services.
- Ensuring all mentees provide feedback prior to leaving FST. Gathering feedback, sharing with team members and determining what, if anything, may be used on Social Media.
- Collating handouts and notes from training courses. Scheduling team meetings to allow staff to share knowledge acquired through training classes.
- Tracking safeguarding requirements and ensuring staff and Trustees re-read policies and sign off.
- Updating FST website with pertinent statistics, pictures and more.
- Updating memberships websites with updated content as needed.
- Reviewing the data on Google Drive annually to ensure GDPR adherence. Shredding or deleting data as required.
- Booking guests, venues and travel as needed.
- Assisting with volunteer recruitment for Infuse
- Contacting local businesses to request they consider FST as their local charity for their CSR.
- Creating a central storage location for statistics, good news stories, testimonials and pictures that can be posted on Social Media or added to website.
- Researching, monitoring and collating relevant news articles, statistics and mandates. Apprise team members of all pertinent information.
- Increasing awareness of FST within our community through Social Media, speaking at local events and news outlets.
- Other duties including, but not limited to, recruitment, attending training/webinars, etc.
The post holder should possess:
- Previous office manager experience
- Good working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Social media strategies a plus
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable, reliable and innovative
- Self-motivated and driven to succeed
Regular professional development and training opportunities are provided as part of the FST Performance Management System.