CLOSING DATE IS 6TH December at Midday
INTERVIEWS W/C 13th December
1. To take lead responsibility for carrying out client interviews, sifts and assessments (in line with agreed policies and processes) for clients in your agreed area of engagement, to include attending resettlement prisons and other prisons where clients might be located.
2. To take lead responsibility for client case management for those released to your agreed area of engagement.
3. To ensure that client database and other records are kept up to date, accurate and of suitable quality.
4. To build links and bridges for people between life in custody and life in the community to which they return.
5. To directly mentor clients as required.
6. To support the reintroduction of clients into faith communities as appropriate.
7. Work in recruiting, maintaining and supporting an appropriate level and quality of mentors (inc. being on recruitment interview panels if needed and co-presenting training).
8. Take lead responsibility for the management and support of mentor/client relationships for your agreed area of engagement.
General management duties
9. To contribute to the future planning of FU and link in as appropriate with the Community Chaplaincy network to develop good policy and practice,
10. Be proactive in encouraging local communities to respond to the needs of ex-offenders and to provide strategic leadership and a co-ordinating focus for faith groups’ activities with them.
11. To lead in raising levels of local awareness about criminal justice issues. To provide information, education and advice on the issues surrounding offending behaviour and to contribute to local crime-reduction.
12. To make a significant contribution to strategic development planning.
13. Working with the Operations Manager, to bid for local funding from local organisations (and through local promotional events) and to support funding applications at regional and national level.
14. Undertake appropriate training and development as agreed with the Operations Manager
15. Undertake other duties as agreed with the Operations Manager for the effective delivery of FUs aims.
16 Preparing reports on projects as directed by Operations Manager.
Liaising with Local Service Providers
17. Identifying and liaising with local contacts and service providers for your agreed area of engagement.
18. To work with relevant existing agencies, both statutory and voluntary, in providing appropriate complementary support for ex-prisoners and to provide further ongoing support through trained volunteers.
You must have use of your own car.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.