The Global Alliance for Chronic Diseases (GACD) is an important alliance of international health research funders. We fund, develop and facilitate innovative research collaborations between high-income and low- and middle-income countries in the fight against chronic non-communicable diseases such as diabetes, chronic lung diseases, mental ill health, heart disease and cancer. GACD research teams are encouraged to bring together their multidisciplinary knowledge, expertise and experience as a global Research Network.
GACD needs to ensure that the emerging evidence and outputs of the research and capacity building it supports worldwide, have the strongest potential to make a real difference on the burden of NCDs. Reporting to the CEO, you will play a key role in identifying appropriate policy influencing opportunities and developing accessible and compelling insights from GACD global activities to increase the likelihood of delivering our impact.
Who you are:
You are inspired to help us to tackle chronic diseases in vulnerable and poorly resourced populations globally, by supporting GACD impact through effective policy engagement and interpretation of insights from GACD research.
What you can bring to the role:
You will have a strong understanding of global health research and policy landscape, preferably in the context of non-communicable diseases. You will demonstrate experience of global health knowledge translation, or interpreting and communicating research insight, or public policy influencing, advocacy or a research impact promoting role.
You will be able offer strategic insight and play a lead role in identifying appropriate policy influencing opportunities for GACD and facilitating engagement through the ability to compile, synthesise and interpret complex research insights into accessible, influential policy targeting materials.
You are a relationship builder.You will be able to work professionally and persuasively with a wide range of researchers and stakeholders globally, bridging and supporting effective high level engagement across multiple sectors. Whilst leading and shaping and delivering in your area of responsibility, you will also be able to work collaboratively and productively within a small, dynamic team.
You will represent GACD and contribute to our organisational planning and strategy development.
- A salary c. £43,000 - £45,000, full time dependent on experience with generous pension contribution
- 30 days annual leave each year, plus public holidays.
- Hours in the range 21.6-36 per week (between 0.6 to 1.0 FTE), hybrid UK remote plus 2 days in London office
- An opportunity to make a difference to human health around the world.
How to apply:
- provide an up-to-date CV which includes your contact details, education and vocational qualifications, membership of professional bodies, career history and explanation of any breaks in your employment history.
- provide a brief supporting statement setting out why you are the right candidate for this role making reference to the job description and the person specification. The case that you make and the way that it is presented will form a key part of the shortlisting process.
- complete our equal opportunities monitoring and declaration form
- let us know if you are not able to make the anticipated interview dates (please refer to page 8 of the recruitment information pack)