CARERS MANCHESTER CONTACT POINT SUPPORT WORKER
Gaddum in partnership with Manchester Carers Forum, LMCP and Wai Yin Society have been successful in obtaining funding to deliver a first point of contact for Manchester carers.
Carers Manchester Contact Point (CMCP) will provide an initial point of contact for advice and support for Manchester Carers.
The service will be able to be accessed via a telephone helpline operating from 8.30 – 5.30 Monday to Friday and through a dedicated website, e-mail address and social media. The service will be based at Gaddum House and be delivered by a dedicated staff team with added value offered by Volunteers and Student Social Workers.
We are now looking to recruit a Support Worker, who will be employed by Wai Yin, and be a member of the core team delivering this new service
We believe the successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working within an advice and support service
- A clear understanding of the issues that face unpaid carers
- Excellent verbal and listening skills
- An ability to identify appropriate support for carers contacting the service
- A flexible approach to working hours
- Ability to communicate in fluent English and Chinese (Cantonese or Mandarin)
To apply, please fill out the application form and demographic form below and return to the email address upon it.
Closing date: Noon, Monday 13 July
Provisional Interview Date - Monday 21 July 2020
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.