Job Title: Therapeutic Counsellor (GP Practice)
Responsible to: Chief Executive
Accountable to: Assistant Head of Operations
Reporting to: IAPT Services Manager
Salary: £26,317.00 per annum (pro rata)
Location: Gaddum House.
Hours: 10 hours per week.
At Gaddum, we treat everyone as individuals. We really get to know those we help, understanding their world to offer a range of support that’s right for them. Our promise of tailored support is made possible by our breadth and depth of knowledge, through our unwavering commitment to the local people of Greater Manchester.
Our experience listening to generation after generation, for nearly 200 years, has taught us the importance of considering not just the individual but also the relationships around them. Our innovative approach means we can, not only build resilience, but identify further risks and offer preventive support now and in the future. At Gaddum, we believe that by supporting individuals, we ultimately help support entire communities.
Our aim is to empower and enhance the lives of people in Greater Manchester. We currently work in four Greater Manchester authorities, Manchester, Rochdale, Salford and Stockport.
Counsellor based within a GP surgery in Manchester, responsible for the delivery of therapeutic counselling service to adults who have been referred by their GP.
A five-hour session comprises of four 50-minute sessions for ongoing clients. Assessment sessions may be shorter to allow for additional administration requirements. The additional one hour per clinical session to cover time for administration.
- To provide therapeutic counselling to clients within a surgery setting who have been referred to our service via their GP.
- This role requires working within IAPT guidelines and using IAPT compliant processes and tools.
- Developing good working relationships with GP practice staff and adhere to GP practice procedures as well as ensuring you work within Gaddum’s organisational and service level processes and systems.
- Maintaining client records in accordance to set processes and to provide regular monitoring data.
- Additional responsibility for supporting counselling trainees who are placed within your GP practice, with an expectation to support with their induction and training.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining close working relationships with other Gaddum staff and services.
- Attendance at monthly clinical supervision sessions as well as service level meetings and other meetings and events where required.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.