The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition (GAIN) is a Swiss-based foundation launched at the UN in 2002 to tackle the human suffering caused by malnutrition. Working with both governments and businesses, we aim to transform food systems so that they deliver more nutritious food for all people. In particular, we aim to make healthier food choices more desirable, more available, and more affordable. GAIN’s mission is to advance nutrition outcomes by improving consumption of nutritious and safe food for all people, especially the most vulnerable to malnutrition.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Communications, the Digital Communications Manager will supervise the development and execution of the digital strategies namely create innovative approaches to website, website- and social media content along with the communications team. You will advise on identifying the key targeted audiences and develop effective messaging strategies to target them.
This role can be delivered from New Delhi, India or London, United Kingdom.
Role specifics will include;
- Drive and propose new compelling content (research, source and develop story ideas)
- Write and produce communication materials/messages such as features, interviews, expert pieces, blogs
- Manage GAIN’s digital communications and social media ecosystem including Facebook Workplace (internal), website and all social media channels (Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Facebook, and Instagram), story boards for videos.
- Liaise with various teams within GAIN, develop GAIN social media strategy, roadmap, and calendar planning at global level and be responsible for their overall rollout within the organization and with relevant partners.
- Create, edit, and publish daily engaging and creative social media & multimedia content using the required software mentioned hereunder.
- Systematically employ monitoring and metric tools for measuring impact, gauging gaps and assisting fine tuning of our digital communications strategy.
The successful candidate will have a creative and innovative approach with previous hands on experience within digital communications and a proven track record of successful social media campaigns and storytelling. You must have excellent communication skills in English (written and oral) with strong attention to detail. In addition to this, canddiate will possess the following:
- Degree in communications, marketing, public relations, journalism, international relations development studies
- Significant experience in the field of digital communications, marketing, creative story-telling and social media at local, regional and global levels
- Previous experience and examples of creative storytelling and new innovative ideas.
- Ability to manage multiple projects involving coordination with various departments both internally and externally.
About our offer
Starting salary for this role is listed per location below;
London, United Kingdom: GBP 45,285 - 48,536 per annum (depending on experience)
New Delhi, India: IR 1,578,330 - 1,805,954 per annum (depending on experience)
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Applicants must have the existing right to live and work in one of the locations advertised to be eligible for this position.
The closing date for this position is 1st August 2021. GAIN reserves the right to close this advert early should we receive suitable applications ahead of the closing date. Early applications are advised.
For more detailed information please see the attached job description. To apply, follow the "Apply Now" link.
The Global Alliance for Improved Nutrition is committed to equality of opportunity and creating an inclusive environment where diversity is valued. We are keen to reflect the diversity of our society at every level within our organisation and therefore welcome applications from talented and committed people from all backgrounds, representing the diverse societies we operate in.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.