GambleAware is the leading commissioner of prevention and treatment services for gambling harms in Great Britain. We are an independent charity guided by a Board of trustees, the majority of whom work in the health sector.
We are committed to meaningfully involving and including the voice of those with lived experience across all aspects of our work.
This is a key role in the Programme Management Office that will work in a matrix way across the charity to support colleagues involve people with lived experience. The successful candidate will have the technical knowledge and experience to build and manage our involvement programme. The role will also provide support to a newly formed Lived Experience Council being established in the Summer of 2022.
This is a new role in the organisation and an exciting opportunity for the right person to influence and play a major role in shaping the future direction of how GambleAware ensures the voices of people with lived experience impact our future.
- Ensure best practice in involving people with Lived Experience is embedded across the organisation.
- Work closely with functions and teams ensure effective involvement of people with Lived Experience developing wide range of opportunities and ensuring these are inclusive and accessible.
- Ensuring people lived experience are involved in all stages of GambleAware’s Strategic Planning and Delivery Process.
- Accountable for delivering secretariate support to the GambleAware Lived Experience Council working with the Company Secretary to manage interaction between the Board of Trustees and Committees.
- Building and managing a pool of Lived Experience contributors, developing resources, training and communications to support individuals in activities.
- Managing and develop the processes and infrastructure to support involvement (inc. data, expenses, documentation) ensuring compliance standards are met.
- Regularly reporting key information and measurements of the scale and impact of involvement activities inform updates to internal and external stakeholders and communication activity.
- Quickly establish strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders based on trust and confidence, work well within teams, and have the skills to engage, influence and negotiate with colleagues.
- Collaborate with other organisations and external networks to develop support for Lived Experience Involvement across the sector and partners.
- Championing good behaviour within the Lived Experience Council.
Please view the information pack for full details.
How to apply
Please submit a comprehensive CV along with a covering letter (up to two pages) setting out your interest in the role and how you meet the essential requirements in relation to the accountabilities and responsibilities for the role by 9am on Monday 11th July 2022. CVs without cover letters will not be considered.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early if we receive sufficient applications for the role. Therefore, if you are interested, please submit your application as early as possible.
Successful candidates will be invited to attend a panel interview in July.
GambleAware is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.