GambleAware is an independent charity regulated by the Charity Commission for England and Wales, and the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).
We are looking for 2 Research Officers to work collaboratively with academics, social researchers and government departments as part of a dynamic research and evaluation team. You will build knowledge of research and policy relating to the gambling field as well as the opportunity to develop new skills and ways of working.
You will work on a broad range of projects, and tasks which will will include the following:
- Undertake desk top research and review of academic and grey literature (local, national, international) to inform the development of specific research and evaluation project briefs.
- Undertake desk top review of academic institutions and research agencies to build the market of delivery partners wishing to apply for grant funding opportunities.
- National and international horizon scanning to ensure the R&E team maintains up to date knowledge and awareness of new research, policy developments and related events across the gambling field.
- Support the delivery of specific R&E projects through quality assurance of draft research reports and note-taking at review and monitoring meetings.
- Support social media activity by identifying topical issues from GambleAware’s commissioned R&E portfolios for dissemination to different audiences.
- Keep the R&E website content up to date.
If you have broad knowledge of the gambling research field and a strong understanding of qualitative and / or quantitative research methodologies as well as experience of carrying out primary or secondary research then it would be great to hear from you!
How to apply
Please send your CV and covering letter (up to 2 pages) setting out how you meet the person specification, with reference to the key responsibilities of the role. Applicants will be assessed and shortlisted against these requirements.
Applications should be sent to us by 9.00 am on Monday 14th December 2020.
Those shortlisted will be invited to an interview on 17th or 18th December 2020.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.