Education and Training Lead, Yorkshire and Humber
Part-time at 28 hours,
Home Based – with regular travel within the Yorkshire and Humber region
Salary: £25,375 - £28,420, yearly, dependent on experience, pro rata
GamCare is the UK’s leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling-related harms. Our expert services are confidential and non-judgemental.
GamCare’s Youth Programme expanded in April 2020, and a new support service for young people was launched in September 2020. The programme, which has funding for four years, is designed to deliver education to young people in order to raise awareness of gambling-related harm and promote safer gambling choices. To find out more about the programme, please visit GamCare Website.
GamCare is recruiting for an Education and Training Lead to schedule and deliver this work, whilst building strong regional networks to raise awareness of how gambling-related harm can affect young people and their communities.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Establish the reputation of the GamCare Youth programme in youth work settings across your region
- Promote, arrange, and deliver training sessions to youth-facing professionals (e.g. youth workers, teachers, social workers) in your region
- Promote, arrange, and deliver young peoples’ workshops to 11-19-year olds in Yorkshire and Humber
- Maintain a network of local stakeholders
- Maintain accurate records and provide statistical information required to assist delivery and evaluation.
- Be a point of contact for people interested in GamCare’s young people’s projects in Yorkshire and Humber
The role will require travelling and delivery time in the specified region, as well as administrative work completed at home.
You will form part of an enthusiastic team who are committed to supporting those affected by gambling-related harm across the United Kingdom, and work with a supportive programme leadership team.
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply, please go onto the GamCare website and complete an application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Survey.
If you would like acknowledgement that your application has been received, please ensure the application is attached and put the following subject in your email:
Job application: <name of vacancy>
Please note that if the subject is not correct, you may not receive a confirmation.
To discuss the role further please email Craig de Vos, Programme Manager,
Application forms forwarded to this email will not be accepted.
Please note we do not accept CVs.
GamCare is committed to processing your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently in line with GDPR. For further information on GamCare’s recruitment privacy notice please refer to our website.
Closing date for applications is Friday 08 October 2021 at 9am.
Interviews will be held via video conference
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.