Gambling Treatment Practitioners
Full time - 35 hours per week
Home Based and Location Based Roles Available in Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Derbyshire & Peterborough
Salary: Circa £26k – dependent on experience
Closing date for applications: 9am Friday 10th June 2022
Interviews will take place online via video conference
Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
This is a great opportunity to join GamCare as we are in a position to appoint several Gambling Treatment Practitioners with qualifications or experience in health or social care, and an empathic style to enable people to change their behaviour through skilled intervention.
As the successful candidate you’ll deliver a range of face to face (as required), telephone and online interventions to support people affected by gambling harms at all stages of their treatment and recovery journey, including in a range of community based and custodial settings (as required).
Crucially, you will ensure that psychosocial, and recovery support interventions are delivered as part of cohesive recovery plan while working collaboratively with external and partner organisations to achieve positive outcomes for service users.
- Provide advice and information to people affected by Gambling harms
- Undertake screening, triage and comprehensive assessments of needs with individuals and families and couples
- Provide recovery oriented brief, extended brief, and longer-term structured psychosocial interventions to people affected by Gambling harms using motivational interviewing and cognitive behavioural approaches
- Facilitate group-based programmes
Are you passionate about supporting others to make positive changes in their lives? Do you want to make a difference by providing support and interventions to people experiencing gambling related harms?
If this sounds like you, and you would like to be part of a committed, dynamic, and highly supportive team, providing exceptional support to those whose lives are impacted by gambling, then we would love to hear from you!
You will be an excellent communicator, with lots of emotional intelligence, and the ability to prioritise your own self-care and wellbeing. You will have great organisational skills, be a strong team player and be confident navigating IT systems and software packages.
Working hours for all roles are generally 9-5 with contribution to weekly evening cover and very occasional weekend working, however we welcome applications for flexible working.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%.
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- We also have a vibrant and diverse event calendar full of monthly initiatives and webinars to support the ongoing physical and mental wellbeing of our people.
Either home based or location based in one of the following areas – Bedfordshire, Hertfordshire, Derbyshire, Peterborough. Location based roles will also be home based but with the need to travel within the location to offer in person support to clients.
For all roles, you will need to have a confidential space within your home to work from, and a stable internet connection.
This post requires a DBS check.
To apply, please go onto the GamCare website and complete an application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Survey.
For further information, please email your query to recruitment inbox
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.