Industry Standards Manager
Full time at 35 hours
Home Based, UK
Salary: £36,946 - £44,335 – dependant on experience
Closing date for applications is 10th June 2022
Interview dates: from 16th-24th June 2022
Interviews are scheduled to take place remotely.
Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
The Safer Gambling Standard was officially launched in 2019 and since then many gambling operators have been assessed. This year has seen increased demand for the Standard and with the Gambling Act changes due we are growing the team to support further change and growth.
This is an exciting opportunity if you’re passionate about driving up standards across the gambling industry to join our established team. Your role as Industry Standards Manager will be to drive up standards in safer gambling by undertaking assessments of UK licensed, online, and land-based gambling operators and B2B suppliers against the requirements of the Safer Gambling Standard.
- To undertake remote and land-based social responsibility assessments of gambling operators against the requirements of the Safer Gambling Standard.
- Assessments include document review, interviews with senior management and staff at gambling operators, analysis of complex levels of information and systems.
- Ability to articulate findings of the assessment and put in place requirements and recommendation in a comprehensive report format.
- Assist with the continued development of the B2C Safer Gambling Standard, the B2B version of the Safer Gambling Standard, and any future versions of the Standard. This is particularly relevant post UK regulatory change that covers social responsibility.
Do you want to help shape the gambling industry? If so your excellent communication, report writing, organisational, and analytical skills will be essential. Demonstrable experience of safer gambling, compliance, audit/assurance, or risk management in the gambling industry will also be required and key to your success.
Strong stakeholder management skills are a must as you will be working with senior management at operators. This post provides excellent opportunities for skills development, and most importantly to help GamCare achieve our mission of supporting people affected by gambling harms.
You must be resident in the UK with a clean driving licence, be prepared to work to a flexible schedule, and be available to travel throughout the UK and occasionally internationally as required.
Further information on the Safer Gambling Standard can be found on our website.
This is a home-based role with travel to client offices. However, if you are in commuting distance of our London Head Office (currently Farringdon) or Leeds regional hub then we can discuss a flexible, hybrid arrangement if desired.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%.
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
This post is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
To apply, please go onto the GamCare website and complete an application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Survey.
Please note we do not accept CVs
GamCare is committed to processing your personal data fairly, lawfully and transparently in line with GDPR. For further information on GamCare’s recruitment privacy notice please refer to our website.
For further information on this role please email your query to recruitment inbox
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.