Learning and Development Officer (External Training)
Salary: £26,390 – £29,557 – dependent on experience
Home Based with occasional travel to the London Office, with flexible working options
Closing date for applications: 9am Wednesday 3rd August 2022
Interviews will take place online via video conference
Founded in 1997, GamCare is the leading provider of information, advice and support for anyone affected by gambling harms. We operate the National Gambling Helpline, provide treatment for anyone who is harmed by gambling, create awareness about safer gambling and treatment, and encourage an effective approach to safer gambling within the gambling industry.
This is a great time to join GamCare as we’re recruiting a Learning and Development Officer which is a new opportunity for someone who is a confident communicator, a team player, and able to work independently.
Whether you have ever delivered training or not, if you have a positive attitude and willingness to learn, we can train you up. This role gives you the opportunity to affect change in the gambling industry, and you will be committed to protecting those at risk of experiencing gambling harm and preventing harm through strategic engagement.
The Industry Standards/Services Team administer the Safer Gambling Standard certification scheme; structured training activities for gambling operator customers, banks and other customers; eLearning content; Safer Gambling (SG) Labs; and a warm transfer service to industry and non-industry organisations. We also partner on a pilot programme to raise awareness of gambling harms in the workplace and manage an Industry Codes project.
As the successful candidate you’ll be as part of a remote team, and there will be an expectation that you travel to the London office on occasion, as well as travel for training delivery. Training is delivered both remotely and in-person, this can include travel across the UK, Europe and occasionally other international destinations.
If you’ve got more limited relevant work experience, we’d encourage you to draw on any knowledge, skills or experience that you’ve developed which evidence how you meet the Job Description. GamCare are open to considering candidates with a broad range of work experience if you can demonstrate the capacity, passion and initiative required for the role.
In return we’ll take you through an extensive induction and onboarding process, which includes shadowing members of the team, so that in time you are prepared and confident to deliver sessions or hold meetings with external stakeholders.
- Work within the team to develop and deliver effective learning and development solutions for our stakeholders.
- Deliver training on the topic of gambling related harm to a range of stakeholders typically within the gambling industry.
- Administer and support the development of GamCare’s eLearning courses.
- Help design and update training content to keep it relevant and engaging.
- Manage pipeline of business, track and follow up on business development leads and proactively market our industry services.
Benefits You Can Enjoy
- 33 days basic annual leave entitlement per annum (pro-rated for part-time colleagues) including bank holidays which increases with service
- A generous Pension Scheme - we contribute 6% and you contribute 2%.
- Discretionary company sick pay from day one of service.
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24-hour support
- Cycle to Work Scheme
Appointment is subject to a DBS check
GamCare are committed to offering the best support to people affected by gambling harms, as such we welcome applications from candidates with lived experience.
To apply, please go onto the GamCare website and complete an application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring Survey.
For any further information on the role or if you require any reasonable adjustments at any stage of the application or recruitment process, please contact Recruitment Inbox and the team will be happy to help.
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.