Chief Executive Officer
GAVO is looking for a Chief Executive Officer to play a crucial role in providing leadership across the organisation to deliver its mission and charitable aims.
Established in 1927, GAVO is now one of the longest-standing and largest County Voluntary Councils in Wales; committed to strengthening the effectiveness of the Voluntary and Community Sector across Blaenau Gwent, Caerphilly, Monmouthshire and Newport.
GAVO’s aim is to improve the lives and opportunities of communities through partnership and collaboration.
Salary: Circa £47K per annum.
Duration: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week. A flexi time scheme is in operation and time off in lieu is permissible for any work required to be undertaken outside the normal hours.
Closing Date: Monday 2nd March 2020 – 5pm.
Interview Date: Monday 16 March 2020
A workplace with a difference:
A job that offers you employment that makes a difference along with 25 days annual leave, plus bank holidays, and an additional 5 GAVO days leave.
About the Role:
GAVO’s mission is to support, facilitate, and broker positive change in the well-being of people and communities through collaborative approaches. The Chief Executive Officer will be pivotal in making further progress in delivering this mission and GAVO’s charitable aims.
Providing leadership and support to GAVO’s staff teams who deliver work in the areas of: Community Development, Volunteering, Health and Social Care, Children and Young People, Supporting People into Employment (Communities for Work and Communities for Work +) and Corporate Services.
The successful candidate will be a leader able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Experience of the Third Sector and leading an organisation or managing at a senior level
- Experience of partnership work and collaboration especially securing resources to support business continuity and organisation sustainability, for example grant funding and contracts
- Experience of strategic planning and business plan development
- Ability to maximise opportunities and to represent GAVO and the wider Third Sector in relevant local, regional and national structures.
- Commitment to maximise the opportunities for collaboration in line with GAVO’s mission and strategic aims.
Although not essential, a working knowledge of the Welsh language would be highly desirable.
For an informal discussion about the role with the current CEO or Chair (Martin Featherstone or Edward Watts MBE DL), please contact GAVO directly between Tuesday to Friday.
Other roles that you may have experience of could include: CEO, Operations Director, Director, Chief Executive, Programmes Director, Managing Director Charity, COO, Chief Operating Officer, Executive Director, Director of Finance and Resources, Director of Services, etc.