This is a great opportunity to make a worthwhile contribution to the work of the General Dental Council and play a key role supporting the development of policy making and shaping the future of dental regulation in the UK.
This is a 9-month fixed term contract with the possibility of an extension.
You will provide high quality policy support and advice to the Council and assist with evidence-based policy making across the GDC. Your key responsibilities will include:
- Developing and applying policy knowledge in a range of areas in support of GDC policy making
- Preparing and delivering responses to queries from operational colleagues, stakeholders and registrants
- Providing administrative and policy support to policy projects
- Conducting research and presenting findings in a clear and accessible way
- Analysing research data to inform policy making
- Drafting papers for a range of audiences, including the Council, its sub-committees and external audiences
- Supporting GDC consultation exercises, including updating website content
- Drafting GDC responses to consultations
- Preparing and delivering presentations to internal and external audiences
You will need experience of supporting policy development with research and analysis, as well as good project and/or programme management skills. You will also need experience of planning, managing competing priorities and delivering work to tight deadlines. Experience of drafting reports and papers and presenting them at meetings and the ability to understand complex situations and information and explain them to a range of audiences is equally important.
Knowledge of the health and social care sector and an understanding of how healthcare professionals are regulated is desirable, but not essential.
Our primary purpose is to protect patient safety and maintain public confidence in dental services. To achieve this, we register qualified dental professionals, set standards for the dental team, investigate complaints about dental professionals' fitness to practise, and work to ensure the quality of dental education.
Our work matters and so do our people. We are committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion by recruiting and strengthening our teams with team members from different backgrounds, life experiences and viewpoints. Equality and diversity are not just words, they are what makes our teams strong and able to deliver. We want to be champions of diversity and to have a sense of belonging in the workplace, where everybody has the chance to contribute and to share what is important to them.
To reward you for your hard work and commitment, we offer an attractive benefits package that includes a generous pension scheme, flexible working and 25 days’ annual leave pro rata plus bank holidays.
How to apply:
For further details about the role please read the job description and person specification.
To apply please click the apply button.
Please no agencies unless instructed otherwise.
The GDC is committed to equality and diversity. We encourage and support the recruitment, retention and career development of people from as wide a range as possible of ethnic, cultural and social backgrounds.