Job title: Supported Internship Coordinator
Reports to: Internship Project Manager/Youth Service Manager
Salary: £24,579.36 pro rata
Start date: ASAP - Fixed Term until 31st August 2021, there is a possibility for this to be extended subject to further funding.
Hours: 36 hours per week
Location: You will be required to regularly visit the internship programme in Newham but your admin/day to day tasks will be completed remotely (on site, at home) or at Generate’s office in Wandsworth.
Introduction to Generate
Generate has been creating opportunities and offering support to people with a learning disability since 1972. We are committed to improving the lives of people with a learning disability by supporting and encouraging them in creative ways to access opportunities in their communities, take their place as citizens and reduce their reliance on services.
Background to the post
In addition to our youth and community services targeted at people with a learning disability, we also provide a Supported Internship service.
The Internship is a partnership with Generate, Newham Council, Newham College and Send Coffee. The Internship is targeted at people with Special Educational Needs between the ages of 18-30. The aim of the internship is to give vital experience to the Interns in a workplace and transition them to paid employment.
Main purpose of job
You will support the Internship Project Manager with the smooth running of the service, ensuring the service is fully staffed with skilled job coaches throughout the course of the internship. Where required, you will support Interns in their work placements, helping them to gain experience and teaching them how to perform the tasks in their respective roles.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To support the Internship Manager with the smooth running of the Supported Internships in Newham.
- To support the Internship Manager with intern funding applications.
- To liaise with Generate’s Finance Coordinator to ensure the invoices are being sent off in a timely manner
- Recruitment, line management and supervision of job coaches
- To cover sickness and absence of job coaches as required
- To liaise and build a professional relationship with Newham College, Newham Council and Workplace
- To be flexible across all Generate’s projects and be willing to work cross project to suit Generate’s business need.
Application deadline: 6th November 2020 at 9am.
TO APPLY AND FOR MORE INFORMATION
If you are interested in working with a charity and can demonstrate relevant experience, please click ‘Apply’ to be redirected to our website. There you will be able to download the full job description and application form. You are not applying at this stage.
Please note: if you have not heard from us by the 13th November please consider your application unsuccessful.
Generate is an equal opportunity employer.
No agencies please.