Generating Genius has connected over 450+ students from disadvantaged backgrounds with top businesses in STEM and universities through our Uni Genius and Alumni Genius programmes.
We offer great leadership opportunities and flexible working arrangements for you to take the initiative and run a successful programme.
We’re looking for a fulltime programmes manager with terrific organisational, interpersonal and motivational skills that can raise the next generation of STEM leaders and help businesses attract top talent.
Annual Rate: £23,000 - £26,000 depending on experience
Location: London (Between Victoria, White City and working from Home)
Job Type: 12-month rolling contract
Latest Start Date: 2nd December 2019
Security Clearance: DBS Check
Responsibilities and Duties:
· Successfully supporting over 100 young people from Black and low-income backgrounds to progress in STEM
· Working with universities including Oxford, Cambridge and Leeds to engage and inspire young people
· Working alongside companies including Barclays, dna nudge, National Grid, IP Group and others to develop the next generation of STEM talent
· Organising work experience for students by liaising with businesses
· Planning STEM activities to be delivered by 3rd parties for students
· Working with the Director and Administrator to monitor and evaluate programmes with stakeholders
· Organising and attending events with students, corporate partners and other stakeholders
· Acting as the main point of contact between Generating Genius, companies, schools, colleges, universities, teachers and parents
· Ensuring compliance with all necessary health and safety legislation for every event.
· Ensuring that at all fundraising activities meet with the Charity Commission requirements, the Charities Act, the Data Protection Act, insurers’ requirements and all other relevant statutes.
Experience and Requirements
· Previous event planning experience
· 2 years previous experience of working with 16-25 year olds
· Demonstrable effective leadership, interpersonal and communication skills.
· Ability to motivate and inspire
Note: Must have all the skills mentioned above
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.