Project Manager – Fast Growing Charity with Great Leadership Development Opportunities
Come and work in a growing organisation which supports young people with life changing opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM).
Generating Genius connects students from BAME and disadvantaged backgrounds with top businesses in STEM and universities through our Uni Genius and Alumni Genius programmes.
We offer great leadership opportunities and flexible working arrangements for you to take the initiative and run a successful programme.
We’re looking for a highly motivated project manager with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills to run the Uni Genius programmes.
Current Uni Genius Programmes are:
1.Work experience programmes (350-400 students per year participate from Uni Genius at different times during the year)
2. University Preparation and Access Programmes
3. Corporate Mentoring Programmes
4. Corporates Insight Days
Annual Rate: £30,000-£33,000
Location: Can be based in London, Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds (travel to London 2 days per month from January 2021)
Job Type: Long term contract
Earliest Start Date: September 2020
Security Clearance: DBS Clearance and references will be required
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Managing the existing Uni Genius Programmes
- Creating new Uni Genius programmes
- Adjusting the existing Uni Genius programmes where necessary
- Organising work experience programmes
- Run a rolling student recruitment campaign
- Planning STEM activities to be delivered by 3rd parties for students
- Liaising with universities to deliver academic sessions and organise residential visits
- Organising and attending events with students
- Representing the organisation with companies, schools, colleges, universities, teachers and parents
- Ensure compliance with all necessary health and safety legislation for every event.
Essential skills and experience:
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Previous event planning and programme management experience
- Partnership building experience
- Proposal writing and fundraising experience
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- 2 years previous experience of project management
- Rapport building
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
The client requests no contact from agencies or media sales.