PURPOSE OF GENERATION SUCCESS
Generation Success (GS) is an inclusive community that supports people with ambition realise potential through mentoring, coaching, workshops, jobs and access to industry by removing barriers and connecting business and people of diversity together. Our mission is to create a world where your career is not determined by your birth.
GS is an award-winning not for profit that is inclusive and consists of a very impressive multi-cultural team. Our values, integrity and our collaborative culture underpinned by our company Ubuntu philosophy (meaning "I am because we are") make us a fantastic place to work.
Purpose of the job:
GS is seeking a Senior Marketing Manager to enhance current marketing processes in order to maximise return on activities and drive engagement and conversion rates. You will develop marketing strategies and plans that cover the full mix of marketing tools, including media, internal communications, brand marketing, advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media. You will be responsible for managing the marketing team and ensuring the team is effectively promoting the organisation and targeting the appropriate audience in their campaigns. You will work closely with the CEO and collaborate with the sales department to ensure all messaging is aligned and help us achieve our revenue targets
- Strategic thinking and business development
- Drive lead generation
- Act as a ‘brand guardian’ ensuring consistency across all internal and external communications
- Report on and analyse all aspects of marketing, and ensure effective evaluation mechanisms are in place to measure success
- Lead, line manage and support (including carrying out regular supervision and appraisals) the Marketing team
- Lead, manage and plan key organisational marketing and communications initiatives
- Develop the social media channels and create higher engagement with the public
- Create and develop a customer segmentation strategy
- Ensure there is a functioning CRM platform
- Development of a company marketing playbook
- Create a strategy on outreach to large brands and the student community
- Supporting sales on GTM (Go to market efforts)
- Develop and manage the marketing team
A Generation Success person is caring, supportive, adaptable, passionate, hungry to learn and inclusive.
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication and stakeholder management skills
- Management skills
- Willingness and ability to manage a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Somebody who is able to develop, implement and execute a strategy
- Comfortable working independently
- Drive and desire to grow
Specialist/Technical Knowledge, Skills or Aptitude:
- Strategic thinking
- Data Analytics
- Project management skills
- Ability to create pitch decks and templates
- Fluid in social media platforms
- Marketing operations, creating post campaign analysis
- Effective presentation skills
- No degree necessary
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Experience in an online, retail, e-commerce or advertising agency, ideally managing advertising products. B2B marketing experience is a plus.
- Experience in creating and executing go-to-market plans on online and offline marketing channels (briefs, creatives, customer segmentation, reporting). Comfortable with client interaction.
- Strong project management & analytical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with a wide range of employees with different skill sets
- Strong energy and drive, innovative, solution-oriented mind-set and constant client focus
- Excellent use of Excel & PowerPoint, with comfort in diving into data and analysing trends
- Strategic thinking and business development skills
- Team player attitude with interpersonal skills. Able to navigate organizational structures in a global context
- Energy and drive, ability to work in a fast-paced and pressurized environment
- Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM Qualifications)
- Ability to think creatively and commercially
- Happy to work at both
- 3 years experience in a similar role
- Done B2B to B2C
- Digital campaigns and tracking campaigns
- Agency experience
- Performance marketing agency experience
- Worked at a junior level in a marketing function in direct brands
- Done B2B to B2C
- Experience in growing communities (e.g subscription based / membership organisations)
WHAT YOU WILL GET
- The chance to gain an insight into the running of a small, unique non – for profit.
- Salary: 25-30k (dependant on experience). We are a not-for-profit with a mission to diversify the UK workforce and ensure we all have equal access and equal opportunities. At this stage in our development we are not going to be able to pay what most commercial entities pay and we hope that the right person for the job understands that. If you're that person we'd love to have conversation about what acceptable compensation would look like
- Networking opportunities and interaction with industry experts.
Please note, due to the pandemic we are working from home.